Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Worst Lift.....

Your Worst Lift.....

What is the one lift that you struggle the most with? Post it up and maybe others can share some tips to help you better achieve that struggle you have been having. Most of all, NEVER give up!!!!
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

Re: Your Worst Lift.....

Hmm I hate DB bench press. Part of the reason is the pad u sit on at the new gym I go to damn near points at the ceiling. It's just hard and uncomfortable for my midget ass to get into position with heavy DB's. I literally have to watch I don't catch my raisins on the bench.
    I feel like I waste so much energy and effort stabilizing the DB after getting on the damn bench I can't push what I'm truly capable of.

I can hardly get the 100's up safely. Yet I can bench 335. Go figure.....

Moral of the story is I hate DB benching lol. However I find I get better contraction and chest pumps by doing 75-90lb DBS anyways and gravitate towards those.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Deads..........a 4 year old can dead more than me...............I'm short with short T Rex arms............I dam near have the bar hanging right below my nips locked out.........it's sad really

Quote Originally Posted by Elbutcho View Post
    Deads..........a 4 year old can dead more than me...............I'm short with short T Rex arms............I dam near have the bar hanging right below my nips locked out.........it's sad really
    Lmfao. That's a hell of a visual! I don't do deads any more. I have degenerated discs in low spine. Deads make me pay in pain and not goo dom pain. Just pain lol.

They are a good mass/thickness back builder but I don't feel they are the back holy grail exercise ppl make em out to be. I've seen plenty of strong young bucks at the gym dead lifting impressive weight....back development still sucked lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    Lmfao. That's a hell of a visual! I don't do deads any more. I have degenerated discs in low spine. Deads make me pay in pain and not goo dom pain. Just pain lol.

They are a good mass/thickness back builder but I don't feel they are the back holy grail exercise ppl make em out to be. I've seen plenty of strong young bucks at the gym dead lifting impressive weight....back development still sucked lol.
    The good news is my back is pretty thick, I just can't pull shit off the floor.....

My worst lift is my Ass out of Bed. After that, I'm golden!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh63 View Post
    My worst lift is my Ass out of Bed. After that, I'm golden!!
    Lol true story!! That's the hardest thing in the world to me. Getting up out of bed!

Ft Squats. But working the hell out of em to get ready for my new log. Other then just plain shitty patched back together knees its a combination of things. I am working on really strengthening my mid back as thats a super big player in the Ft squat. Thats the reason that most peeps complain of the bar slipping off of their front delts. The middle back is weak and then bend over right there and that dam bar slips right off the delts. But am getting better weekly on it so am looking forward to getting me some legs. Workout at home so no fancy leg press machines or any of that. Also DONT BELIEVE IN LEG EXTENSIONS...unless you wanna wreck your knees that is...the getting out of bed thing isnt an issue here. New day, new life, who knows what could happen? Maybe win the lotto, maybe get machine gunned at McDonalds, maybe Zombies appear out of nowhere. Too exciting to me to be in bed, I jump right out.
    Last edited by zedhed; 08-16-2014 at 12:30 PM.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

V.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
    getting out of bed thing isnt an issue here. New day, new life, who knows what could happen? Maybe win the lotto, maybe get machine gunned at McDonalds, maybe Zombies appear out of nowhere. Too exciting to me to be in bed, I jump right out.
    Lol true dat, cant beat a zombie apocalypse. . .for me it varies. .one moment im gd the next somethin is sore or I went too hard the last time to work the same exercise for a while :/ sucks

Quote Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
    Also DONT BELIEVE IN LEG EXTENSIONS...unless you wanna wreck your knees that is...
    I'very started doing front squats instead of leg extensions because i was told they are bad for the knees. It is an awkward movement to me just starting to get used to it. So you don't recomend doing any leg extensions?
    Last edited by jsam; 08-24-2014 at 01:38 AM.