Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fasted Workouts

Fasted Workouts

Do you ever workout fasted? (workout not cardio unless you include cardio in your workout)
    Do you think you get more or less out of the workout when you are fasted?
    Do you think its good idea or a crap idea?
    Discuss...
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Re: Fasted Workouts

For me since Im a fatty it seems to be helping get rid of the excess fat on my sides (backside love handles).
    Im pretty sure that Im not as strong tho as when I workout fed, but thats pretty much expected.
    At this point I really dont care about strength anyway. For me I wanna have the look that Im an older guy that has a much younger bod. Hell in our society any body that is a muscular body is an odity.....sad to say.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

During my 187 LB recomp lol... I tried it both ways for an extended period of time and saw no difference between the two.

1. My BB'ing nutritionist told me from the very beginning he felt like fasted cardio was crap.

2. When it tried it on my own the only thing I found was a decline in my lifting activity.

3. What worked best for me was this. (Remember I work out early as FK in the morning)...

Wake - Eat a small small meal consisting of a protein and a simple carb like yogurt or fruit.

Lift Weights followed by...

Cardio - 20 to 30 minutes walking at an incline steadily increasing the % incline to keep heart relate slowly climbing. Never letting HR drop below 125.

PWO Meal - 1 egg, 1- 1 1/4 cup of egg whites. 2 pieces 7 Sprouted Grain Bread (Ezekiel) or Old Fashioned Oats.

The only difference I would do on this routine is change the cardio every 4th time to be 30 minutes of incline walk and jog. 5.0 incline - 1 minute walk - 1 minute jog rinse and repeat.

Short story - I don't feel that fasted workouts mean a damn thing from fed workouts.
    Check Out "The Lunchbox" Past, Present and Future Life Log!!

http://www.musclecoalition.org/showt...nto-the-Future

Great info LB.
    I guess that I dont actually do fasted in the true scense. I will drink 20 or oz of water and have 3-5 Carnivore Tabs. So I do have amino acids in myself prior to working out.
    And then afterwards it is a regular breakky. Whole eggs, hashbrowns and toast or cakes. So far I am loosing fat doing this. I think it is partly cuz of my bod not being used to the carbs and cardio.
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
    Great info LB.
    I guess that I dont actually do fasted in the true scense. I will drink 20 or oz of water and have 3-5 Carnivore Tabs. So I do have amino acids in myself prior to working out.
    And then afterwards it is a regular breakky. Whole eggs, hashbrowns and toast or cakes. So far I am loosing fat doing this. I think it is partly cuz of my bod not being used to the carbs and cardio.
    I never tried splitting the workouts though..

For instance just doing cardio in the morning fasted and fed to see if there was a difference and moving my lifting to the afternoon.

There could be se validity in that process.

One thing is for certain - if it works for you, FK what I or anyone else thinks! Lmao
    Check Out "The Lunchbox" Past, Present and Future Life Log!!

http://www.musclecoalition.org/showt...nto-the-Future

I get sick when I do it and didn't notice any significant changes to make it worth the effort
    When I die I want to be called a friend or family member by everyone I came into contact with!!!

Hey Chris great to have you back bro.

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk 2
    Henry Ford

I couldn't do it, I workout in the morning and I am starving when my eyes open
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

Makes me feel sick if I don't eat and get crabby. Banana and Shake pre or Greek with fruit usually.

Nice avi suga.
    Henry Ford