Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Religion

Re: Religion

Quote Originally Posted by chrisotpherm View Post
    I believe in God and my faith has helped me through the toughest parts in my life.
    And, you're the kind of person Jesus and Buddha recommended us to be.
    Credentials:
    Masters Degree-Exercise Physiology
    Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist-ACSM

newNimproved

Quote Originally Posted by exphys88 View Post
    A person of another faith would say the same thing to you
    well he doesnt believe in anything, so that makes him a waste of human life. ungrateful for his creation. no matter the faith, you always have to give thanks for your being. i was raised in the church and sorta strayed for a while, but im back in the saddle now. i dont look down on any faith, but atleast have some.

Quote Originally Posted by newNimproved View Post
    well he doesnt believe in anything, so that makes him a waste of human life. ungrateful for his creation. no matter the faith, you always have to give thanks for your being. i was raised in the church and sorta strayed for a while, but im back in the saddle now. i dont look down on any faith, but atleast have some.
    First, you're making an assumption about being created, especially since there is overwhelming evidence that we evolved and were not created.

Secondly, you're assuming that us atheists are not grateful for our lives, when in fact most of us are very happy to have life and we live it to the fullest, knowing that this is all we get.

Thirdly, you value faith, which is actually something we should despise. Believing in something without evidence is ignorant. Sept. 11th is the result of faith. It happened because those muslims had faith that when they died as martyrs they would be rewarded in heaven. If they had used reason and critical thinking they would have realized that since nobody has ever seen nor have any proof of heaven, there is no point or benefit in believing that such a place actually exists. Jim Jones and the suicide of his followers and the murdering of their children is also the result of faith. Instead of valuing faith, we should encourage skepticism and logic.
    Credentials:

newNimproved

First, you're making an assumption about being created, especially since there is overwhelming evidence that we evolved and were not created.

Secondly, you're assuming that us atheists are not grateful for our lives, when in fact most of us are very happy to have life and we live it to the fullest, knowing that this is all we get.

Thirdly, you value faith, which is actually something we should despise. Believing in something without evidence is ignorant. Sept. 11th is the result of faith. It happened because those muslims had faith that when they died as martyrs they would be rewarded in heaven. If they had used reason and critical thinking they would have realized that since nobody has ever seen nor have any proof of heaven, there is no point or benefit in believing that such a place actually exists. Jim Jones and the suicide of his followers and the murdering of their children is also the result of faith. Instead of valuing faith, we should encourage skepticism and logic.
    well we will agree to disagree. this is why its never good to talk about ones religion. we were all raised differently. i was created by my mom and dad, and i give thanks to them. because of evolution we evolved over time, into the humans we are today.

i love the fact that as humans, we have a right to believe and live for whatever our hearts content. some people believe in multiple higher powers, some believe in one. t

when you speak of sept 11, they believe in their faith, but it was extreme.

well we will agree to disagree. this is why its never good to talk about ones religion. we were all raised differently. i was created by my mom and dad, and i give thanks to them. because of evolution we evolved over time, into the humans we are today.

i love the fact that as humans, we have a right to believe and live for whatever our hearts content. some people believe in multiple higher powers, some believe in one. t

when you speak of sept 11, they believe in their faith, but it was extreme.
    Agreed. I'm very happy to live in a western society where I can freely state my opinions and not worry about being harmed.
    Credentials:

newNimproved

Agreed. I'm very happy to live in a western society where I can freely state my opinions and not worry about being harmed.
    well im from the happiest country in the world, and i still think the states suck, lol

well im from the happiest country in the world, and i still think the states suck, lol
    lol, that's why I said a western society. Many Americans arrogantly believe that the US is the best nation there is, but it's nothing more than arrogance.
    Credentials:

I would rather believe in God and be right, than not to believe and be wrong!!

newNimproved

lol, that's why I said a western society. Many Americans arrogantly believe that the US is the best nation there is, but it's nothing more than arrogance.
    agreed dude, they all think this is a great country, when really its falling apart. give it 20 years and we will be china and russia, COMMUNIST. you will see it because no one wants to go get an education and progress. when you educate yourself, you see many different viewpoints and ways of living. you realize there isnt just one RIGHT way to live, only what may fit your style.

i personally dont get along with uneducated idiots who have one way of thinking. then they sit back with a minimum wage job saying they are happy when really they are lazy fucks

newNimproved

Quote Originally Posted by Fit Guru View Post
    I would rather believe in God and be right, than not to believe and be wrong!!
    amen brother..........

i will fear no evil.....