Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Views on bodybuilding in your thirties...

Re: Views on bodybuilding in your thirties...

I train pretty day to day. Some days I don't even wanna be there and I just go through the motions. Other days I'm ready for it and go for broke.
    I rarely do the same exact routine 2 weeks in a row. Yes it's chest day but sometimes I don't feel like horsing with DB and will just use the smith machine. Or some fuck tard has camped out on the equipment so I'll do something else.
    Try some lower reps like 6-8 esp on heavier mass moves like bench or squats. Keep higher reps to isolation moves IMHO.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    I train pretty day to day. Some days I don't even wanna be there and I just go through the motions. Other days I'm ready for it and go for broke.
    I rarely do the same exact routine 2 weeks in a row. Yes it's chest day but sometimes I don't feel like horsing with DB and will just use the smith machine. Or some fuck tard has camped out on the equipment so I'll do something else.
    Try some lower reps like 6-8 esp on heavier mass moves like bench or squats. Keep higher reps to isolation moves IMHO.
    oh...i rarely have that moment...i always go for broke everytime i'm in the gym..just loved being in the gym training..lol
    I think i have the mentality and focus but just dont know what goes wrong....
    I planned it that i hit the gym during off peaks so i will always have access to most of the equipments.

noted...i will go for lower reps once i'm back into training...
    hope it will fix my problem as i'm really sucks at my progress currently...and i'm right to be hard on myself...

Its hard to say for sure. Some ppl think they are going all out until u train with them the u see what they truly train like.

I rarely ever use cardio equipment but I've been using the stationary bike as a knee/leg warm up. I've seen this lazy Asian fucker on there a few times now. He is peddling so fucking slow I'm surprised the machine doesn't turn off!! He was playing on his phone then his iPad.....I came so close to just telling him to go fucking home he was wasting the equipment and sucked at life. Luckily my warm up was over and I just left it alone. Not saying this is you by any means some ppl are clueless.

Try to crank up the weights at least on heavier stuff on the last set or so. I have a hunch u are going to light and not pushing hard enough to really hit hypertrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    Its hard to say for sure. Some ppl think they are going all out until u train with them the u see what they truly train like.

I rarely ever use cardio equipment but I've been using the stationary bike as a knee/leg warm up. I've seen this lazy Asian fucker on there a few times now. He is peddling so fucking slow I'm surprised the machine doesn't turn off!! He was playing on his phone then his iPad.....I came so close to just telling him to go fucking home he was wasting the equipment and sucked at life. Luckily my warm up was over and I just left it alone. Not saying this is you by any means some ppl are clueless.

Try to crank up the weights at least on heavier stuff on the last set or so. I have a hunch u are going to light and not pushing hard enough to really hit hypertrophy.
    ya..i know...every body is different.
    Actually, i'm not expecting progress to be this bad given that i trained with my buddy who is also a trainer for the past few years...sigh
    I will try what you suggest and crank up the weights....
    thanks for the advices!!
    Last edited by monk08; 09-05-2014 at 03:59 AM.

Bro IMO you should try a CKD type of diet.
    I have found that as I age I need far less carbs and more protein and good fats. I do much better on that kind of diet and its the way I like to eat too.
    Also for fast results I would drop Tue and Thur weights, do 60 min of cardio on those days.
    Do weights on Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat.
    You might wanna do some research on 10x10 while your soft looking. That combined with CKD diet and cardio will whittle you down pretty fast.
    Also for now would cut the cals back from 500-700 less then now.
    Last edited by zedhed; 09-05-2014 at 01:05 PM.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Would also suggest Proviron. It is amazing for us mature guys. 60-100mg/day.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
    I have found that as I age I need far less carbs and more protein and good fats. I do much better on that kind of diet and its the way I like to eat too.
    Also for fast results I would drop Tue and Thur weights, do 60 min of cardio on those days.
    You might wanna do some research on 10x10 while your soft looking. That combined with CKD diet and cardio will whittle you down pretty fast.
    Thanks zed u beat me too it. We need to address the diet as this is the biggest puzzle piece. If the training is truly there as u say then it's diet we need to tweak.

Just doing my best to help a good bro out and get to the place he wants to be.

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk 2
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by chrisotpherm View Post
    In order to dial your diet in you have to find you baseline calorie intake. The baseline is where you don't gain or loose weight but maintain current weight. From there you bump up your calories by 5-1000 for two weeks to see where you begin to grow. Then you turn it up again after two weeks by 5-1000 calories for another two weeks and eventually you will find the sweet spot calorie intake you need to see gains that you want. Hard gainers to not feel sick from all the food intake need to add in a high calorie weight gainer. Keep in mind when your smashing food in high calorie amount and especially high protein you need to keep a good fiber routine intake regime. If you don't you will be miserable.
    I would suggest a CKD type of diet for you to try on your next go. And be sure and significantly increase your cals. Most peeps that have trouble seeing results have cut too much of the good fats and cals believing that this is eating clean. To build muscle you mist supply the fuel. If your a hard gainer the then you can doibke your cals. I also think that you may be working out too much from what it sounds like. To be working out 6 days per week you should be eating a tremendous amount of food. Protein shakes as well as MRP shakes. IMO.

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk 2
    yes..i know diet is one of the main factor.
    i did monitor and keep a record of the food i eat and the macros per day.

yes...i think i should try CKD...will do some readup on it and plan since it reduces the carbs by a lot compared to what i'm currently taking.
    The pics from 2012 before i started my first cycle - i reduced my carbs to low (but cant remember how low) and did cardio like what you are suggesting now and i really lean down a lot...just need to go back to that time and do the same again.
    do 2x 60min cardio a week? i normally do cardio for 30mins 3x a week after the training....i can change that..