Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Views on bodybuilding in your thirties...

Re: Views on bodybuilding in your thirties...

Looking forward to it bro. If your sticking to the diet then your loosing fat, thats just it bro.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
    Looking forward to it bro. If your sticking to the diet then your loosing fat, thats just it bro.
    I'm still my diet at 2500cal - 40% protein, 5% carbs, 55% fats. (reduce it from the initial 2700cal @ 35P, 5C, 60F)
    Here's my current pic from yesterday (left) and before the CKD diet (right)
    96eea8a7-9398-4aa7-a440-903eca6e32cb_zpsb088680a.jpg 2929e33e-5eae-4686-91f9-2d813f786c9a_zpse78c3999.jpg

i think weight has been around 176 -180 for the past 4 weeks (didnt weigh weekly, goes with mirror and how i feel)
    I think i will try to drop to 2300cal? any advice on that?
    Last edited by monk08; 11-29-2014 at 11:25 PM.

Try it and see how you feel. You can always bring it back up. You do any cardio? Even a 10 min warm uo and cool dn will make a dif.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Try it and see how you feel. You can always bring it back up. You do any cardio? Even a 10 min warm uo and cool dn will make a dif.
    Yes...I did cardio all the 10 weeks.
    First 6 weeks, 2x swimming 10laps and 3x 60mins incline brisk walking on trackmill.
    The last 4 weeks, only 3x swimming 25laps.

Yes, I will try with 2300cal and see how it is.

Ok this is gonna counterintuitive but just think about it. On a lot of the boards for this diet they woukd tell you do not decrease calls, but instead increase fats. Now the reason for this is that you have re-taught your bod to use fat for fuel. So by increasing fats, you will akso increase your metabokism. So the take home lesson is EXPIRMENT and see what works for you. If you increase fats decrease carbs by the same amount. Keep us posted and good lick. By the way you looking good in your progress. Well done!
    Henry Ford

Ok this is gonna counterintuitive but just think about it. On a lot of the boards for this diet they woukd tell you do not decrease calls, but instead increase fats. Now the reason for this is that you have re-taught your bod to use fat for fuel. So by increasing fats, you will akso increase your metabokism. So the take home lesson is EXPIRMENT and see what works for you. If you increase fats decrease carbs by the same amount. Keep us posted and good lick. By the way you looking good in your progress. Well done!
    oh...i didnt think of the diet this way...so yes it is indeed different.
    I was planning to drop 200 cal and to do that means dropping carbs and some fats.
    I guess i will drop some carbs and increase fats but overall calories might increase a little.
    i will try and play with the macros...thanks bro!

Dont worry quite so much about cals bro. This is a non conventional diet and because of that a whole new way of fat (not weight) loss. It pretty cool that your logging this for everybody on the board. Your results are already very good.
    Henry Ford

Dont worry quite so much about cals bro. This is a non conventional diet and because of that a whole new way of fat (not weight) loss. It pretty cool that your logging this for everybody on the board. Your results are already very good.
    yes..this is definitely a non-conventional diet as compared to what i had done before...though i have been on this diet for 10 weeks now..it still makes me wonder and think about this high fats = fat loss approach..it is interesting.
    I'm still needing help so it will be better to log it and get advices from you and other vets as the diet goes on.
    thanks again!

:-)
    Henry Ford