Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Views on bodybuilding in your thirties...

Re: Views on bodybuilding in your thirties...

Yea thats my issue at 45 yrs old. Long ass hrs and no time to breath.

Quote Originally Posted by monk08 View Post
    Hi zebhed,
    I am currently on week5 of the ckd diet.
    I had dropped 11lbs since I started...which surprised me that I dropped that much weight but reasonable since I cut out the carbs.
    Just wondering...how does one know if your body is starting to burn fats and not using proteins?
    Sorry it took me so long bro. You can buy urine test strips at any drug store or online. But they are not cheap and I am so I dont bother. (keto strips) as long as you are loosing weight and sticking to the diet you are loosing fat. That simple. Really it is.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
    Sorry it took me so long bro. You can buy urine test strips at any drug store or online. But they are not cheap and I am so I dont bother. (keto strips) as long as you are loosing weight and sticking to the diet you are loosing fat. That simple. Really it is.
    No prob..Nah..I'm not really bother either.
    I know losing weight is for sure when one cut out the carbs..just wasn't expecting this fast/much..
    weight has started to stay around 180lbs and I'm back to training after 7 weeks of resting from injury....finally.
    I intend to stick to this diet for a while longer to see what it can do..but i think this diet is making me feeling more thirsty and a little tired..
    Thanks for the advices, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBones View Post
    Do you know your BF%? Hydrostatic underwater weighing is the easiest and most reliable ways to get an accurate %. A water displacement test (home) can be done or use a caliper pinch test, preferably 7 point test at a minimum.
    i dont know what's the actual %.
    Have a machine that give BF% in the gym but that's not accurate.
    I know caliper pinch test is quite accurate but it's not easily available.
    just asking how one gauge....

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    Chest/bicep

Legs/tricep

Shoulders/back

Abs/calves/forearm 1-3 times a week.

Train for 1 hr ish

No cardio

Most recent pic.
    looking good Ironguruera...and it works for you using the 3 days routine? wthout cardio??
    I used to stick to a 5 days routine but am now on 3 days routine on doc's order to start slow.
    maybe i will stick to 3 days routine like you and see how it works out for me..

looking good Ironguruera...and it works for you using the 3 days routine? wthout cardio??
    I used to stick to a 5 days routine but am now on 3 days routine on doc's order to start slow.
    maybe i will stick to 3 days routine like you and see how it works out for me..
    Yeah I'll prob never have time to do a 5 day a week program. I work 50 hrs a week and have 1 hr of travel daily. I have a family and they are my priority. The gym is just a stress reliever and hobby for me.

3 days a week has been my staple since I started training again over 4 yrs ago. No cardio pretty much ever lol. I mean besides sex lol. I do ride my bicycle but haven't even done that in ages. I just try to eat clean and not have too much Sam Adams lol. I admit I have good genetics. Im somewhere in the middle road.....if I eat too much the abs go away. If I don't eat enough I don't grow.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    Yeah I'll prob never have time to do a 5 day a week program. I work 50 hrs a week and have 1 hr of travel daily. I have a family and they are my priority. The gym is just a stress reliever and hobby for me.

3 days a week has been my staple since I started training again over 4 yrs ago. No cardio pretty much ever lol. I mean besides sex lol. I do ride my bicycle but haven't even done that in ages. I just try to eat clean and not have too much Sam Adams lol. I admit I have good genetics. Im somewhere in the middle road.....if I eat too much the abs go away. If I don't eat enough I don't grow.
    my work hours are a little flexible as long as the project or work on hand finished on time and yes, gym is a stress reliever for me too.
    haha lol..guess you do have good genetics given not much cardio and with abs.
    i trained 5 days week and 3 days cardio for over 4 years...i think i definitely have to try to cut down my training to 3 days and see how i response.

No prob..Nah..I'm not really bother either.
    I know losing weight is for sure when one cut out the carbs..just wasn't expecting this fast/much..
    weight has started to stay around 180lbs and I'm back to training after 7 weeks of resting from injury....finally.
    I intend to stick to this diet for a while longer to see what it can do..but i think this diet is making me feeling more thirsty and a little tired..
    Thanks for the advices, bro.
    This is telling you that your bod is learning to use fat stores for fuel. This is just as it should be. This will last for a few weeks and then you will have energy to burn. Just stick with it bro. You will be so glad you did.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Update plz Monk.
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
    Update plz Monk.
    hey bro,
    on my 10th week this week and quite used to the diet by now.
    didnt weigh recently but should be around 176-180lbs.
    didnt know if i'm still cutting on fats but i will upload a current pic later.