Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Views on bodybuilding in your thirties...

Re: Views on bodybuilding in your thirties...

Quote Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
    May wanna consider blast and cruise. IMO at our age its easier then bulking and cutting.

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk 2
    haha..actually that did cross my mind recently.
    Am currently reading up and doing some research.
    I'll like to think it's easier than bulking and cutting as well....i find bulk harder than cut...
    my next cycle after recovery from this injury will be test prop+npp again.
    what will be your recommendation for a blast and cruise??

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    I basically started working out again at 30. Took 8 yrs off before that.
    I'm 34 now and in the best shape of my life.
    Injury wise as we get older we learn how to listen to our body and not do shit that hurts us in the gym.

Many factors apply. Gym intensity, exercises used, order of exercises.

Above all is diet. A trainer is good but a diet planner is far better money spent!!
    totally agreed with you on diet playing a big part.
    I have seen how changing a diet can lean you down real good.
    but having said that, i do wonder why is my gains not outstanding when i'm very discipline with my diet and tmyraining for 6 years.
    still trying to figure out the correct combination for growth....or what i did wrong...

i have found, at 39 , that i need to take short "breaks" from the high intensity work outs.. i can go hard for 5-6 months then i need a few weeks off to let my body rest.. when i get back at it after my short break i not only have a new found enthusiasm and motivation but my gains increase significantly.. i have worked through so many injuries through out the years and hate to admit it, but i am getting old and my body just cant handle the same things it could when i was in my 20s..lol

Quote Originally Posted by monk08 View Post
    totally agreed with you on diet playing a big part.
    I have seen how changing a diet can lean you down real good.
    but having said that, i do wonder why is my gains not outstanding when i'm very discipline with my diet and tmyraining for 6 years.
    still trying to figure out the correct combination for growth....or what i did wrong...
    Hard to say. Most ppl think their diet is good and it's far from. Maybe u eat healthy but not enough cals. Maybe u don't assimilate food well and could benefit from digestive enzymes.

We are all out worst critics. I'd have to see some pics to see your "lack " of progress.

Some ppl are more genetically gifted then others.

Gym intensity and good lifting programs are a huge part of all this. Diversity is also important. If u do the same exact thing for 6 yrs that could also be the issue.

Not trying to be a dick but your diet and training can not be ideal for your body type if you have little to no gains to show for it in 6 yrs.....unless u have the worlds worst genetics. Something needs tweaking.....or your perception of your body before an after is just clouded. Before and after pics could help us judge this.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Mansir View Post
    i have found, at 39 , that i need to take short "breaks" from the high intensity work outs.. i can go hard for 5-6 months then i need a few weeks off to let my body rest.. when i get back at it after my short break i not only have a new found enthusiasm and motivation but my gains increase significantly.. i have worked through so many injuries through out the years and hate to admit it, but i am getting old and my body just cant handle the same things it could when i was in my 20s..lol
    oh.. i didnt try taking weeks off.
    I have been hitting my trainings hard 5days a week for the past 5 years....my rest days are the weekends.
    i considered mine to be high intensity i guess as i like to do supersets and dropsets...
    i thought that as long as you eat clean, train hard and rest well, you will be growing....

Hard to say. Most ppl think their diet is good and it's far from. Maybe u eat healthy but not enough cals. Maybe u don't assimilate food well and could benefit from digestive enzymes.

We are all out worst critics. I'd have to see some pics to see your "lack " of progress.

Some ppl are more genetically gifted then others.

Gym intensity and good lifting programs are a huge part of all this. Diversity is also important. If u do the same exact thing for 6 yrs that could also be the issue.

Not trying to be a dick but your diet and training can not be ideal for your body type if you have little to no gains to show for it in 6 yrs.....unless u have the worlds worst genetics. Something needs tweaking.....or your perception of your body before an after is just clouded. Before and after pics could help us judge this.
    you could be correct for all these points.
    I like to think my diet is good as i eat according to macros since i kept a spreadsheet of the food i ate and i eat the same food 6 days a week...(yes same food for the whole day for 6 days)... i did increase my calories when on cycle bulking by adding more complex carbs and a protein bar or 2.
    however, like you said...i might not be assimilating food well or i could be having real lousy genes...which i suspected i might..
    training wise, i change the routine every other day each body part...however..i do like to go for supersets and dropsets as I feel that you have to train hard each time you are in the gym ...make every training counts....perhaps that could be my problem(?)

unfortunately, i dont have a before pic from 6 years ago before i started ....but i might have one from 3 years ago before i started my first cycle.
    after pics will be now after 3 weeks of no training as i didnt took one after my last cycle 2 months back.
    Let me find the old pic and maybe you guys can help judge...

Working hard each set and session is key. That is not the problem. Supersets etc are great. Maybe over training? Depends on how much time in gym and how many days per week as well as your body type. Skinny hard gainers become over trained far easier then other ppl.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Working hard each set and session is key. That is not the problem. Supersets etc are great. Maybe over training? Depends on how much time in gym and how many days per week as well as your body type. Skinny hard gainers become over trained far easier then other ppl.
    Actually, i'm not sure if it's overtraining or not....i meant i dont get DOM for more than 1 day, i'm not tired when it's time for training and I like being in the gym training and sweating it out.
    I read that as long as you are eating and rest well, you should recover well from training.
    I spend an hour each day for each body part 5 days a week, cardio 30mins 3x a week.
    actually i'm planning to do 6 days training for my next cycle - hitting my weak body parts 2x a time for a change.
    not sure if i'm a hard gainer or not but i think i'm carbs sensitive...increasing my carbs intake can really increase my weight....hence my carbs intake is normally avg 200-250g unless on bulking cycles.

In order to dial your diet in you have to find you baseline calorie intake. The baseline is where you don't gain or loose weight but maintain current weight. From there you bump up your calories by 5-1000 for two weeks to see where you begin to grow. Then you turn it up again after two weeks by 5-1000 calories for another two weeks and eventually you will find the sweet spot calorie intake you need to see gains that you want. Hard gainers to not feel sick from all the food intake need to add in a high calorie weight gainer. Keep in mind when your smashing food in high calorie amount and especially high protein you need to keep a good fiber routine intake regime. If you don't you will be miserable.
    When I die I want to be called a friend or family member by everyone I came into contact with!!!

I would suggest a CKD type of diet for you to try on your next go. And be sure and significantly increase your cals. Most peeps that have trouble seeing results have cut too much of the good fats and cals believing that this is eating clean. To build muscle you mist supply the fuel. If your a hard gainer the then you can doibke your cals. I also think that you may be working out too much from what it sounds like. To be working out 6 days per week you should be eating a tremendous amount of food. Protein shakes as well as MRP shakes. IMO.

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk 2
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford