Thread: Back home and to basics to prep for my show!!!

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Back home and to basics to prep for my show!!!

So after trying to make the 24 hr Supersport work as our gym, the other day I had an urge to go back to my longtime home gym Powerhouse Gym. This was the first gym I had joined when I started this lifestyle back in the 90's, and is truly one of the last true bodybuilding and powerlifting gyms in my area. So Nikki and I hit it yesterday for legs and I was shockingly surprised...the owner had purchased 2 more squat racks, so now the gym has 6 squat racks, 3 leg presses, seated squat machine, hack squat (old Icarian one), standing leg curl (one of Kevin Lavrones favorite hamstring exercises), as well as an awesome Hammer Strength plate loaded leg extension machine...one of my favorites! So to get ready for my upcoming show just shy of 7 weeks Nikki and I are going back to the gym I call home. It is a little more of a drive, but as we were reminded yesterday it is the best as we had the whole place to ourselves at 9 am...no distractions, socializing, just us and the iron. Nikki did a 255 lb squat yesterday for 8 reps, a PR for her...kind of tricked her and added the extra weight when she was wrapping . Solid set and just as powerful too. Well eating my oatmeal and heading out to train...oh and round 45 lb plates, not those stop sign shaped ones that fuck with you when doing dead lifts, up to 150 lb dumbells, and like I said just a lot of old school tried and true equipment that has not been replaced by the new fad equipment the new gyms utilize...plus some different bars that have been created for specific exercises, will take a picture of one that is really cool and will post up later.

Back to basics, old school, and true iron to get prepared for this show...was thinking of running a short log for the last 6 weeks into the show here as I am on Team Green and of course want to represent as Nikki did for her shows as well as her upcoming Nationals...but we will see.
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

Re: Back home and to basics to prep for my show!!!

IMG_20140826_114523_780.jpg

Here is the bar I was talking about...not many gyms you can find stuff like this. This is great for bench, triceps, & biceps...will try it for standing rows this week too!!!
    Last edited by MuscleAddiction; 08-26-2014 at 03:24 PM.

That's awesome man. Humble beginnings make great giants.
    When I die I want to be called a friend or family member by everyone I came into contact with!!!

Great to hear! Old school works! Tell Nikki congrats on the 225 PR! Girl is gonna be one hell of a powerlifter if she decides to go that route! LOL!
    TEAM GREEN

Quote Originally Posted by OldGoat View Post
    Great to hear! Old school works! Tell Nikki congrats on the 225 PR! Girl is gonna be one hell of a powerlifter if she decides to go that route! LOL!
    255 lb PR...and she wants to do a PL meet after Nationals next year...so what she wants she gets!!! You should see her wrap up...so proud!!!
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

V.I.P.

Damn lucky bro..wish we had somethin l I'll ke that around here...im stuck wit shitty ass LA Fitness :'(
    Could b worse tho...gd luck on ur comp n prep bro

I believe a lot of these guys today do movements or use machines that are way too complicated.....stay with the tried and true stuff, it'll make you grow.

Totally agree with you on that Knights! Basic,OLD SCHOOL!

Cool MA. I'll come down and train with you guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD