Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anybody on here knowledgable about health insurance?

Is anybody on here knowledgable about health insurance?

I have till September to change my insurance cuz mine does not qualify with the Obama affordable care act.
    I always feel like Im getting ripped off with health insurance that I never use cuz I dont need it. (thankfully)
    This is all out of pocket for me.
    If anybody can provide some help would sure be appreciated.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Re: Is anybody on here knowledgable about health insurance?

What about it doesn't qualify? I thought you just had to have coverage plain and simple?

All I know about that dumb fucks care plan is that it's not so affordable. My mom tried signing up and she was offered coverage for $625/month which she can't afford so she just didn't sign up.

V.I.P.

It would probably benefit to do lots of research and look into several options. I know people that love Obama care I know people (who hate Obama) that hate it... Wish I could offer
    Up some help but all my benefits are through my union and wife picks everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious 13 View Post
    It would probably benefit to do lots of research and look into several options. I know people that love Obama care I know people (who hate Obama) that hate it... Wish I could offer
    Up some help but all my benefits are through my union and wife picks everything

She pick your clothes too? Lol jk buddy couldn't help myself

yup doing the research now.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

V.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny1983 View Post
    She pick your clothes too? Lol jk buddy couldn't help myself
    Lol actually she lays my work clothes out for me every night so I'm not looking around at 2 in the morning

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

I pay $515 a month for the girls and I but will probably get screwed come tax time, it is robbery, corruption, and getting worse every year. It is just for the what if factor.

I was curious about all the plans that were "not qualified " and why they were canceled .
    the number one reason was ( 68%) plans that didn't cover pre-existing condition.
    and got rid of term health insurance ( never heard of term health insurance until then )
    apparenty it was quite common.. but if your cancer was not cured by the experation of your contract it became a pre-existing condition on your new year and well ...you were screwed... this of course cost money so policy rates went up .
    So a lot of people were surprised. when the policy they thought they like ( cause they never used it ) was cancel ... by the way apparently it was very common for insurance compaies to offer a policy that expired, they would give you a new one that was less coverage . (say it was the same thing or same name ) and keep doing that .and eventualy when you need it .you were not covered.

so insuance compies were screwing you .. now you have mandated coverage .. and you have to pay for it , but you should atleast get way you pay for ..

al depends on how you look at it .

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    I was curious about all the plans that were "not qualified " and why they were canceled .
    the number one reason was ( 68%) plans that didn't cover pre-existing condition.
    and got rid of term health insurance ( never heard of term health insurance until then )
    apparenty it was quite common.. but if your cancer was not cured by the experation of your contract it became a pre-existing condition on your new year and well ...you were screwed... this of course cost money so policy rates went up .
    So a lot of people were surprised. when the policy they thought they like ( cause they never used it ) was cancel ... by the way apparently it was very common for insurance compaies to offer a policy that expired, they would give you a new one that was less coverage . (say it was the same thing or same name ) and keep doing that .and eventualy when you need it .you were not covered.

so insuance compies were screwing you .. now you have mandated coverage .. and you have to pay for it , but you should atleast get way you pay for ..

al depends on how you look at it .
    ^ agreed.

There are healthcare brokers out there to inform you on the differences in plans. Maybe look into one?

----------------------
    Show me what beast mode is... Please. Lol!
    --------------------------------------

Hmm...well thanks all am doing the research now.
    Henry Ford