Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Powerlifter Roll Call

Good read

Re: Powerlifter Roll Call

I've competed in PLing and also in Olympic Weightlifting. My current training incorporates both. I was supposed to do Raw Unity next year but I changed my plans and I'm focusing on BJJ right now. I'm still strength training and always will. I set 3 American Records at APC Nationals this year in the 198lbs class raw. I'll compete again next year most likely in the fall b/c I have IBJJF Gi Worlds and Gi Pan Am's (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu). I'll be looking for a 1200+ raw total in the 198lbs class (I may drop a weight class).
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Ex PL here trained under Pacifico and had the honor of meeting Louie Simmons the Godfather of PL, responsible for a lot of mass,thickness and muscle density. Did you know Louie says he has been on gear 28 YEARS STRAIGHT?

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_..._louie_simmons

good to meet you sistersteel and kazman.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckzilla View Post
    good to meet you sistersteel and kazman.
    Nice to have you here bro..

Quote Originally Posted by kazman68 View Post
    Ex PL here trained under Pacifico and had the honor of meeting Louie Simmons the Godfather of PL, responsible for a lot of mass,thickness and muscle density. Did you know Louie says he has been on gear 28 YEARS STRAIGHT?

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_..._louie_simmons
    I've trained with Curtis Leslie and Steve Goggins.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    I've trained with Curtis Leslie and Steve Goggins.
    I recognize those names...whats your best total? and you compete at 198 correct?

Quote Originally Posted by kazman68 View Post
    I recognize those names...whats your best total? and you compete at 198 correct?
    Best raw total for gym would be 1275+lbs (500lbsX2 squat, 275lbs bench, 500lbs dead). My last meet wasn't as good b/c I dropped weight 4hrs before the weigh in (I decided to do it last minute) so I was cramping REAL bad so dropped all my totals to avoid injury and hit something like 1075lbs raw. It wasn't bad but not nearly what I'm capable of. Yeah, I compete in the 198lbs class. I'll be competing at a SPF meet sometime next year.

Long term I want to pull 575+, squat 600+, and bench 315lbs. I pull conventional but I'll be working on sumo after my last BJJ Tourney of the year (No Gi Worlds in Nov).

Best raw total for gym would be 1275+lbs (500lbsX2 squat, 275lbs bench, 500lbs dead). My last meet wasn't as good b/c I dropped weight 4hrs before the weigh in (I decided to do it last minute) so I was cramping REAL bad so dropped all my totals to avoid injury and hit something like 1075lbs raw. It wasn't bad but not nearly what I'm capable of. Yeah, I compete in the 198lbs class. I'll be competing at a SPF meet sometime next year.

Long term I want to pull 575+, squat 600+, and bench 315lbs. I pull conventional but I'll be working on sumo after my last BJJ Tourney of the year (No Gi Worlds in Nov).
    Very impressive Sister!!!

You'll like what sumo will do for your deads. I could never pull conventional or alt grip because the mechanics of it just never felt right (I couldn't even pull more than 200 without pain). I got help with my sumo pull and got my form dialed in and was pulling 315 sumo. Then I tried pulling conventional... DAMN! My deads jumped to 375 this past month (with cutting down to bw of 225). And I feel like I've got 405 in me next ME day. Who woulda thought that pulling sumo double overhand grip for a year was just assistance work for my DL?! Lol.