Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Powerlifter Roll Call

Powerlifter Roll Call

Where are all the powerlifters at? Who do we got, what's your training like, what weight classes you compete in?

I'm a novice PL strongman and arm wrestler. I had trained for over 8 months for my first PL meet in May where I was gonna compete at 275, but had the misfortune of landing in the the hospital with pancreatitis for 5 weeks and put myself out of PL and strongman competition for the rest of this year. So now I'm trying to gain back the 60 lbs I lost while sick and I'm training for arm wrestling tournaments to keep my competitive edge up, build strength and help my deadlift.

Alright guys, your turn.

Re: Powerlifter Roll Call

hi bruiser, are you from animalpak? i have done two bodybuilding competitions, 3 deadlift competitions and 2 bench press competitions. i weigh 185. usually i do a bodybuilding type workout except i rotate back and forth between a high rep week and a 1rm week for benching and deadlifting. i really like negatives for bench and rack pulls for deads. about 3 months ago i decided to train with the local strongman team and will be in my first strongman comp next month. it is a whole different world and i enjoy it but will go back to a bodybuilding workout after the strongman. for bodybuilding, i do a different muscle group each day monday through friday.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckzilla View Post
    hi bruiser, are you from animalpak? i have done two bodybuilding competitions, 3 deadlift competitions and 2 bench press competitions. i weigh 185. usually i do a bodybuilding type workout except i rotate back and forth between a high rep week and a 1rm week for benching and deadlifting. i really like negatives for bench and rack pulls for deads. about 3 months ago i decided to train with the local strongman team and will be in my first strongman comp next month. it is a whole different world and i enjoy it but will go back to a bodybuilding workout after the strongman. for bodybuilding, i do a different muscle group each day monday through friday.
    Yup, the one and only! As soon as I saw your name I figured that was you form the FORVM. Congrats on finding a crew to train with. And good luck at your first strongman competition.

Welcome Chuckzilla!

Quote Originally Posted by OldGoat View Post
    Welcome Chuckzilla!
    Look at that... we're getting the band back together man! Lol

Power-lifter here in d' house. Stick to Westside training technique. SPF for now @ 180. Still kind of new. Between 1300 and 1400 on the big three.

I knew that's where I knew you from bruiser. Well I hardly post on the forum, but I know some of the guys on universalusa were talking about your misfortunes. I post under the name conjugalburns.

Quote Originally Posted by darksidefitness View Post
    Power-lifter here in d' house. Stick to Westside training technique. SPF for now @ 180. Still kind of new. Between 1300 and 1400 on the big three.
    Damn solid work! How many meets have ya done? I'm still waiting to get my first one under my belt. If this busted old man can stay healthy long enough! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by bubblegumanimals View Post
    I knew that's where I knew you from bruiser. Well I hardly post on the forum, but I know some of the guys on universalusa were talking about your misfortunes. I post under the name conjugalburns.
    Well, welcome brutha! Yeah, the FORVM is starting to piss me off. But that comes and goes. It's been a long fucking year for me for sure. Three months of setbacks threw me off my training and outta the PL "season" here in WI for the year. So I'm building a big base with some big gear and just working on recomping and recouping this year. That's why I'm doing arm wrestling now to compete in something! Lol. It's good to see you here man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
    Well, welcome brutha! Yeah, the FORVM is starting to piss me off. But that comes and goes. It's been a long fucking year for me for sure. Three months of setbacks threw me off my training and outta the PL "season" here in WI for the year. So I'm building a big base with some big gear and just working on recomping and recouping this year. That's why I'm doing arm wrestling now to compete in something! Lol. It's good to see you here man.

haha yeah I hear you man. Yeah that really blows but hopefully you recover fast and gain back all that lost size. Yeah not being able to do Pl meets must blow, but atleast you have the arm wrestling to keep you busy.