Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MA Competition Results...

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

MA Competition Results...

Well this past weekend was my competition and I am pleased with the results...

1st place Superheavyweight Open Bodybuilding
    3rd place Master 40+ Bodybuilding
    Qualified for Nationals

Now the disappointing aspects of the show...I was the only Superheavyweight , so is it really a win? The judges had me come out and pose at prejudging with the Heavyweights, but the head judge told the other judges and audience I was the lone Superheavyweight. The nice thing is it qualified me for Nationals, I did go up against the other 1st place winners for Overall but the guy who won the show really came in solid as a Light heavyweight. He and I talked after the show and he is one really good bro, also is a coach and owns a gym down south from me...he said he wants to work with me, so some positive comes from it.

The second disappointing thing was Thursday night we had to admit Nikki into the hospital for a bacterial infection in both her kidneys, she was discharged yesterday and is sleeping next to me right now, but she missed the show. I was so close to pulling the plug on Friday as I was a mess...2 hours sleep, missed meals (carb loading) for 12 hours while being at the hospital, but her and my dad both told me "the show must go on!!!" So it was dedicated to her and her health.

I was very happy with my conditioning and the way I stepped on stage...came in weighing 230 lbs. I learned a lot not having competed in 7 years, and will build off this experience for sure. It was fun most of all, the comradary was awesome, the promotion was great, and getting the exposure to the judges is a plus too. Looking forward to competing with Nikki at Nationals next year in Chicago...Team Green!!!
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

Re: MA Competition Results...

Shown some pics man

I will...need to find an app that I can edit the pics and cover up my face of course...I have some pics morning of prejudging, from day after, and three days out practicing posing before the wife went into the hospital. I also had professional photos done at the show...they will be available in 2 weeks.
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

MA... still, that's awesome bro! Just getting yourself into shape & conditioning and stepping out on that stage is half the battle! On to the Nationals and don't look back! Sorry to hear about Nikki, hope she gets well soon and make a good full recovery. 2015 is going to be your year brother!
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

^^^ And.. yeah... how about some pics?
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

Congrats man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JerseyDevil

Awesome MA! Sorry to hear about Nikki, hope she is as good as new.

Looking forward to your pics.

Thats great!!! Just to go out on stage is a big deal in itself!!! Good luck in 2015!!!

So what is your height and your off-season weight before dieting down for the competition?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Hoss View Post
    So what is your height and your off-season weight before dieting down for the competition?
    I am 6'1 and usually walk around at 245-250 max, I am not bulking anymore in offseason, I like to be able to get ready in 8-12 weeks for a competition. If I can help it I will not go above 10% bodyfat anymore.