Well this past weekend was my competition and I am pleased with the results...

1st place Superheavyweight Open Bodybuilding
3rd place Master 40+ Bodybuilding
Qualified for Nationals

Now the disappointing aspects of the show...I was the only Superheavyweight , so is it really a win? The judges had me come out and pose at prejudging with the Heavyweights, but the head judge told the other judges and audience I was the lone Superheavyweight. The nice thing is it qualified me for Nationals, I did go up against the other 1st place winners for Overall but the guy who won the show really came in solid as a Light heavyweight. He and I talked after the show and he is one really good bro, also is a coach and owns a gym down south from me...he said he wants to work with me, so some positive comes from it.

The second disappointing thing was Thursday night we had to admit Nikki into the hospital for a bacterial infection in both her kidneys, she was discharged yesterday and is sleeping next to me right now, but she missed the show. I was so close to pulling the plug on Friday as I was a mess...2 hours sleep, missed meals (carb loading) for 12 hours while being at the hospital, but her and my dad both told me "the show must go on!!!" So it was dedicated to her and her health.

I was very happy with my conditioning and the way I stepped on stage...came in weighing 230 lbs. I learned a lot not having competed in 7 years, and will build off this experience for sure. It was fun most of all, the comradary was awesome, the promotion was great, and getting the exposure to the judges is a plus too. Looking forward to competing with Nikki at Nationals next year in Chicago...Team Green!!!