Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bench Press Arch

Re: Bench Press Arch

Yea... I've seen her before... She's pretty sick!!!!!!

240.... 13 yrs old.... What the fuck did I do wrong as a child. Seriously though she's a fucking Rockstar!!!

some where out in america...it is starting to rain

benching is one of those crazy things that you have no clue what anyone can do..
    I have seen huge MF'ng dudes and they are benching 225... I have also seen a fat discusting bastard 200Lbs 5'4" ..bench 315
    I have seen a freaky super skinny 120 lb dude with the worse form ever doing 275 .. and I worked with 14 YO kid that was 130 and set the State record at 245 nearly twice body weight.. ( had to ave a signed permission slip...
    it is a crap shoot...
    as for Arching.. power lifting buddy took me to a meet.... butt and shoulders can not leave the bench .. and the arch is important for creating a rigid base ...

V.I.P.

True about strength being unpredictable. . .seen the same all over the board at the gym..funny cuz a guy gets off bench just did 315 for reps, but looks like shit and I struggle with 250 but get asked how Iook the way I do...one dude said to me, its not about bein the strongest in the gym, its about looking like the strongest..true dat

JerseyDevil

Quote Originally Posted by KingMD View Post
    ...one dude said to me, its not about bein the strongest in the gym, its about looking like the strongest..true dat
    It took me years to figure this out. I used to be all about PR's, diet was shit. A few years ago I totally changed my focus. I forget what pro BBer said it but it's almost identical to that guy's remark. "It's not about how much you can bench, it's all about how much you LOOK like you can bench."

some where out in america...it is starting to rain

agreed

Words to live by MD!!! I really dont care if I am the weakest guy in the gym or not. I am there to build muscle,period! If its too heavy then you need to adjust.

Interesting debate and I've seen the same countless times. Twig boy putting up 225 like it's the bar or a huge guy lifting not much to speak of.

My friend just went pro. Ppl ask her all the time "how much u bench?" She gets so pissed lol. Her chest is jacked as hell and so is she.

Strength/power training is vastly different then BB training as well all know.

Strength/power from
    My research is genetic. Ligament and tendon length and tie in points. How long or short the limbs are are the major factors involved.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    My research is genetic. Ligament and tendon length and tie in points. How long or short the limbs are are the major factors involved.
    Genetic is big also lifting technique (see arch = shorter distance) I use to lift in PL meets and you had to give your opening lifts before the meet, anyway I would see dudes that looked like they never touched a weight and look at their opening lifts and say WTF no way but guess what 9 times out of 10 they handled the weight effortlessly.

Crazy!

V.I.P.

True stuff here...
    On this note, my nephew is doin his thing, hes 20 in army..he trains decent and when he comes home to visit always asks me questions, how to train, what to do, etc..hes lookin alot thicker but wants to be big n muscular lol like his uncle..
    Damn he can lift alot, did 225 ten times, I didnt do that till I was 30..but he always says but im not growin..I said cuz u train like a power lifter...u gota learn to "BUILD" man..pump them weights..high volume....but hes stuck in the "damn look how much I just lifted" mindset