Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Cherokee or Wrangler

Grand Cherokee or Wrangler

well it is arount the time I either commit to the 05 GC for another 5 years until it dies or get something new .
    I have been debating a few idea.. I do like the GC and was think of get a new one ( it is amazing how much the MPG has gone up on the GC I get 17 and they are advertising up to 30 ..so I figure that I would get about 25 ) .. but have also debated the idea of a 4 door wrangler unlimited..
    as for other vehicles I am open..but I don't like that super rounded look that a lot of makers have now ( nissaon murano or the regular cherokee for that matter as examples) or the big opening front grill like most of the fords. ( looks like a open whales mouth) .. given this I don't like most vehicle out there . Not really a truck person either..

no wrong answers here ... just looking for opinions

Re: Grand Cherokee or Wrangler

Wrangler.. Or this:

WE have been shopping for a vehicle to. have looked at the Jeeps as well but are going back and forth on a Durango Limited that I want. Was at the dealership on Friday night and I looked at Fuzo and said " im done" and walked out,lol. Got a call the next day and almost down to the price I want it. I hate haggling and all the bs you get from the sales people.

The Grand Cherokee and Cherokee are real nice. Today I am headed to the GMC dealership. They don't give me what I want ...then I am out of there to, lol.

Good luck to you as car shopping can be a real PITA. The sad thing is we have a 2004 Ford Explorer with 97000 in great condiion but it needs a timing chain and not about to put that kind of money into it so we probably will not get much for it.
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

last time I bought a car I paid the $30-$50 ( at the time) for consumer reports actual dealer price... If I remeber correct there was one price for unlimited models and one if you got it down to a couple.. models ( like $10 each) and it was good for a month or so..

the report tells you the real cost to get it to the dealer ...( apparently they had some insiders tha supplied the info according to the web site ) I walked in knowing what they paid for it .. and when the dealer an I were way off base ...I knew when he was jerking my chain.. the final stop was a place , where they gave me crap for a trade in... but gave me a great price on the Jeep.. it was below Dealer cost according to the Consumer report.

Also if you live near a state border , there were deals that were in certain areas of the country that were not in the state next door.. for example a new england discount might not be the same as the Ny,nj,PA discount ...depending on the amount of over stock..if I wanted to go down south it was an extra 750, hard to justify though..

Caddy's have never been my thing... I like the SUV,, hard to off road with a Caddy... although they are built much better these days ...

and I forgot to mention... the durango's are nice looking.. that actually is on my list too...
    they have done a lot with those and they really look sharp

in 05 the dash looked like a mistake it was so long and deep... and boy did they suck down gas back then!
    I test road one then.... and said nope..

Now they just look mean , I will have to test one of those too

some where out in america...it is starting to rain

Charger? the new ones look like the heir to the dukes of hazard general Lee

This is pic of it and it has tan leather inside. I hear so much negative about Chrysler products thoughimages.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by baby1 View Post
    This is pic of it and it has tan leather inside. I hear so much negative about Chrysler products thoughimages.jpg
    Chrysler products have had the most issues in recent years.
    Check Out "The Lunchbox" Past, Present and Future Life Log!!

http://www.musclecoalition.org/showt...nto-the-Future

Not sure what your true criteria and usage for the vehicle is. Need more info. Seems mostly based on looks? Which is fine.
    Fwiw all cars today are utter shit and get rid of most anything when it's out of warranty is my advise. Stick with Japanese cars for best reliability ie Toyota and Honda being superior.

We are also looking for a larger vehicle and drove the Durango and the gmc Acadia. The Durango has a much stiffer well planted feel to it then the Acadia. That said my wife liked how the Acadia drove better.

All those dealer cost print outs are utterly useless bullshit. It only matters if u find a dealer who is willing to sell it at that!
    It's just a way for these online companies to make money. Nothing more.
    The average dealer wipes it's ass with those print outs. If they do sell it at that price rest assured the dealer is making money on either financing, your trade in, warranties etc.

Don't get me wrong it's wise to know a good price and be an educated consumer. Also putting money down is a huge waste of money. Unless by putting money down u qualify for a better interest rate. Figure every $1000 Down only changes your monthly payment $20 a month with a 60 month loan ......u are far better off keeping your money in the bank for payments and registration! Unless u are putting half down save your money and make extra payments to principal to offset the interest loss. Far better usage of your money.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

I am quite knowledgable when buying a vehicle . Learned a lot from my dad by sitting, listening, and keeping my mouth shut. He always went with me to buy cars when I was younger and got me the best deal one could get. I am pretty aware of the tricks they pull and the number bs they move around. The way the vehicle looks is a consideration, but there is much more we want out of it. I popped in the GMC dealer yesterday and drove a Terrain Denali model, and I liked it a lot. I know Fuzo will think it is to small, but I will be driving it most. My aunt just bought an Acadia and she loves it so we will check that out to. One thing I do know is that we want leather interior and it has to have nice rims, lol. We are both big on how the wheels look. Thanks for the info.

The reason I told Fuzo lets get out of here, on Friday at the dealership , was because they told us they couldn't give us an interest rate before we signed the deal. What a joke, I looked at Fuzo and said "I'm out of here", so he, my daughter and I walked out the door