Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Cherokee or Wrangler

Re: Grand Cherokee or Wrangler

Doesn't really matter. As I mentioned earlier get rid of any new car after the warranty is up. Ford has now lowered parts availability from 10 to 7 yrs. it's one way they avoided needing the bail out.

Most domestic cars it's hard to get parts for if it's over 10 yrs old if it's not a classic. However that's mostly trim/cosmetic pieces. Engine/mechanical parts are usually still available if not the aftermarket has them.

If u like the durrango I wouldn't let that stop u. Many cars only have a few yr run before the new body style is out.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBones View Post
    Land Rover if you have some spare cash. I had one for years (bought it used - new is too rich for me ). Thing hit over 180K miles before I had any substantial work needing to be done (transmission) and I beat the piss out of it off-roading.
    most Cherokees make it that high ( just check craig's list used ) ...if I wanted to go that long I would jkust keep my 05...it is just over 100K..no offense but after 100K all interiors are the same ...a little worse for wear

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    . Ford has now lowered parts availability from 10 to 7 yrs. it's one way they avoided needing the bail out.
    t.
    Sort of
    Top 10 cash for clunkers trade ins

Ford Explorer 4WD
    Ford F150 Pickup 2WD
    Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD
    Jeep Cherokee 4WD
    Ford Explorer 2WD
    Dodge Caravan/Grand Caravan
    Chevrolet Blazer 4WD
    Ford F-150 Pickup 4WD
    Chevrolet C1500 Pickup 2WD
    Ford Windstar
    5 out 10 were fords... of course the top cars bought were Foriegn except ford excape and focus...

Granted those were all the explorers that were in the lawsuit over Tire pressure ..
    my gym owner has 2 of those explorers ....since junk yards have tons of parts and he is a fix it yourself type guy
    he will have them forever...plenty of cheap parts... can't rebuild the engine though

Not knocking ford too much though... they did seem to have better prepared finance department..

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    Doesn't really matter. As I mentioned earlier get rid of any new car after the warranty is up. Ford has now lowered parts availability from 10 to 7 yrs. it's one way they avoided needing the bail out.

Most domestic cars it's hard to get parts for if it's over 10 yrs old if it's not a classic. However that's mostly trim/cosmetic pieces. Engine/mechanical parts are usually still available if not the aftermarket has them.

If u like the durrango I wouldn't let that stop u. Many cars only have a few yr run before the new body style is out.

That is exactly what our Ford is that we have now, 10 years old. Timing chain is ready to go any second and way to costly to fix. Other than that though, the body and everything els is is great condition. That's what really sux about it.
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

Quote Originally Posted by baby1 View Post
    Would that really matter if they stopped after 2016, like it wouldn't be good to but the 2014? I know hubby is set on that one but I want to take the Buick and GMC for a ride first.
    No it doesn't matter. I was just sharing information I had recently read in a news article.

Thanks. It gets confusing when you hear so much. Some like this, some like that...I guess we have to go with what we like
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    most Cherokees make it that high ( just check craig's list used ) ...if I wanted to go that long I would jkust keep my 05...it is just over 100K..no offense but after 100K all interiors are the same ...a little worse for wear
    I didn't know that about Cherokees. True true about the interiors.

V.I.P.

Behind on he the thread but I bought a new cherokee in 2012 for my wife. It's been an awesome car the v8 hemi tows my boat no problem. We are looking to trade up to a suburban though with the family growing. I'd love to keep it for myself but I need a truck bed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious 13 View Post
    Behind on he the thread but I bought a new cherokee in 2012 for my wife. It's been an awesome car the v8 hemi tows my boat no problem. We are looking to trade up to a suburban though with the family growing. I'd love to keep it for myself but I need a truck bed
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is one thing I hate about the GC... the back seat is good for a 12 year old and nothing older.... there is not too much leg room back there

V8 Hemi... that is good to towing a massive boat.. the 14 was a complete redesign.. when I got my GC a limited was leather seats and v8 now they are all V6 unless you specail order...
    so it is all in the trim ... that part sucks ..you have escentially the same Jeep at Lerado and Summit and the only difference is the trim and about $20 K

the comment I read about the Summit is "it is as close as you can get to driving around in a barc-a-lounger regardless of the terrain"
    he said you are not taking this 4 wheeling ... but you can ..
    the same guy said " the SRT answers a lot of questions no one is asking......but it is a lot of fun"
    but it is hard to justify 65k + for an SRT GC

Quote Originally Posted by baby1 View Post
    That is exactly what our Ford is that we have now, 10 years old. Timing chain is ready to go any second and way to costly to fix. Other than that though, the body and everything els is is great condition. That's what really sux about it.
    if you like the explorer ... have you looked around for a guy that does those...
    yeah it is a big job... but every once in a while you find some guy that say...hey it keeps me busy and just scheduled them
    I mean it is not the full time job... just the job he does in between work to pay for the down time..
    My brother got a restore Merc for low money and it took 2 months because he was doing in his spare time ...