Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Grand Cherokee or Wrangler

Re: Grand Cherokee or Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by baby1 View Post
    Well it is a GMC which I know is chevy but I like the GMC interiors better, they are nicer quality. We have a great 2004 xlt that needs a timing chain if you are interested,lol. We wouldn't be getting a new car if this didn't happen
    How much is that timing chain job? Surely fixing that is cheaper then the $600+ monthly payments of the Acadia?
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

in college I had a Tan Tempo... (POS and ugly ) but you never had to wash that puppy!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    How much is that timing chain job? Surely fixing that is cheaper then the $600+ monthly payments of the Acadia?

Around $5000. WE already put in $5000 a year ago and dumping it again in a 2004 is not worth it to me. Car payments will not be that high and we do keep our cars for a long time. Its time!
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

V.I.P.

Timing chain should pretty much equal new engine. It's hard to break a timing belt though I'd maybe get a second opinion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious 13 View Post
    Timing chain should pretty much equal new engine. It's hard to break a timing belt though I'd maybe get a second opinion?

and this is what we are being told, that if the engine is pulled we may as well replace that to. Not to mention that the oil is leaking and they are not sure where it is going. there was zero oil in it when we brought it in cause it sounded terrible. last oil change was 4 months ago as we keep up with that. We have had another reputable mechanic take a look and he even advised not to put that kind of money into it.

V.I.P.

Grand Cherokee or Wrangler

and this is what we are being told, that if the engine is pulled we may as well replace that to. Not to mention that the oil is leaking and they are not sure where it is going. there was zero oil in it when we brought it in cause it sounded terrible. last oil change was 4 months ago as we keep up with that. We have had another reputable mechanic take a look and he even advised not to put that kind of money into it.
    Yea unless u plan on keeping it 5 to 10 years more I wouldn't put that kind of money into. Down payment and new car. I just dropped a new engine in my 02 silverado trying to avoid a monthly. My transfer case went out that another 2 g's I have to spend since I just spent the 5 lol. Wish I would have just got a new truck.I think u guys r making the right move 👍 at the end of the day it's only money 😜

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yea unless u plan on keeping it 5 to 10 years more I wouldn't put that kind of money into. Down payment and new car. I just dropped a new engine in my 02 silverado trying to avoid a monthly. My transfer case went out that another 2 g's I have to spend since I just spent the 5 lol. Wish I would have just got a new truck.I think u guys r making the right move �� at the end of the day it's only money ��

thanks for the advice...mush appreciated. I get stressed when looking/ purchasing a new car,lol. I always gravitate to the ones with the bells and whistles. Fuzo doesn't get stressed about it and that makes it easier. I am going to love the BOSE sound system in it and have to refrain from speeding to my loud tunes when I alone. Don't think I will outgrow doing that,lol

V.I.P.

thanks for the advice...mush appreciated. I get stressed when looking/ purchasing a new car,lol. I always gravitate to the ones with the bells and whistles. Fuzo doesn't get stressed about it and that makes it easier. I am going to love the BOSE sound system in it and have to refrain from speeding to my loud tunes when I alone. Don't think I will outgrow doing that,lol
    Lol as stated many times this forum needs a like button. My dad just got a silverado ltz w the Bose system and all the bells and whistles I'm sooo jealous. Your going to love it post some pictures!! 👍

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lol as stated many times this forum needs a like button. My dad just got a silverado ltz w the Bose system and all the bells and whistles I'm sooo jealous. Your going to love it post some pictures!! ��

I have suggested the "like" button also awhile ago. I will def post pics

Yeah scrap that pile! New car time. U check out the Acadia yet?
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!