Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: body types n movement mechanics

body types n movement mechanics

Guess um thinking about sum thing I read a while back. Dorian Yates in sum magazine (probably flex) said how do to body structure, type etc squats aren't optimal for every one, like deadlift for me are nearly impossible to do with perfect form cause of my I guess bone structure. Now my legs r naturally big n hard as can be, but squats are a full body movement, the energy has to an uninterrupted chain thru center of gravity, upper back etc. Now I squatted religiously for almost 10 yrs straight, bucket squats, an old timer showed me power squats, bar very low across the back, wide stance n even with that I never got got past 405lbs, n now I hold the bar on the traps, back very stra8, looking up a little n below parallel. 275lbs is heavy as fuck n sum times I feel like um gonna tip over, I do power movements but bodybuilding is my objective so power squats may allow more weight, but quad development? Try hip development, had a friggin' hr glass at one point, but I thankfully was able to reverse that n get the X frame. Mr. Yates had stated for bodybuilders that it seems I'm in their category, the leg press for quad development is superior by a substantial margin, I'm still squatting, because I'd feel like a pretender if not, but should I put more into the leg press, legs are insanely stubborn 2 develop but um gonna devote sum time to this. The hi volume shoulders developed my shoulders epicly, ppl that haven't seen me n a few mos eyes pop, it really did amazing shit. Would hi rep burnouts on leg press b effective? 5×15 or til u puke which I almost did Monday from that. N calves I've been using the whole 500lbs on the rack n well just hope for the best, yes? I do squeeze every rep at top to almost Charlie horse, but calves r calves, do em n dnt think about it lol. Well Any Opinions On THIS Would B Greatly Appreciated, Cause THAT Would B A Leap Of Faith TO Make Leg Press MY Main Quad movement

Re: body types n movement mechanics

Yes I feel high reps for upper legs is a great recipe for growth and I now prefer it to low reps. I shoot for 12-25 reps esp on leg press. Go nice and deep and bing the knees in. Feel an insane pump!

I've been doing a great calve routine I'll copy and paste it.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Calves
    Yeah 75 reps straight.

Pick a weight u can do 20 reps. Then keep cranking them out. Usually in mini sets of 3-5 reps. I do the 20 reps feet straight then I keep switching foot positions. U cannot stop 10 seconds max! Ideally stop as little as possible another reason I just switch foot positions and keep going.
    Most important is go slow! 2 seconds up 2 seconds down and hold the stretch for 2-3 seconds.

I feel the stretch part is the key as it stretches the facia. Then the continued reps force blood into the now stretched muscle and creates growth.

To add more to this I basically go until I can't do anymore. Then I'll drop set, then I get off machine and bend legs like u are in a squat ass way down and do more calve raises with BW then I stand and do bw again to failure with my feet on a step then I go one last time to failure just raises from the floor with BW.

I won't lie....it's not fucking easy!

Some ppl say u don't need to vary foot angle but my buddy with nutty calves said it helps and I agree mine get more stimulation this way. If I stay straight feet I gas out way faster which leads me to think that switching feet Position isolates inner or outer head more.

That's how I was doin the press try to the chest with upper legs, it used to b ez lol gotten stiff with age, but it'll come back, n I was, doin 15 reps, I'll go for 25 nxt,25 reps good stretch n pump, I dnt c going past 5 plates on each side, guys with 16 on each n ppl sitting on the press as well, maybe later... shit, do I need to revamp my chest routine now 2 lol, well chest is HEAVY NO MATTER WHAT, yes? I never finish liter than 3reps,incline n flat, dumbbells I like 5 , 6 maybe 3, god that takes so much outta u, I even go heavy on cable flies, they work fast!, for that rounding underneath, awesome movement. .. but 20,25 reps on straight bar, no way rite? Chest is the power compound mass builder of the upper, hell, my lats r crazy sore after heavy incline dumbbells, but the aas as I believe u stated n it's very true doesn't require as heavy weight, even tho that's one the main motivators.. has anyone tried that for a few mos to c what effect it would have, I'd b scared of strength loss, lo rep strength at least for me requires strict maintenance, ah the joy is in the journey, even if the journey n destination have little to do with one another, u think? GOOD NIGHT MC!

N thanks for the calf routine iron G, got lower body, Monday I believe n I'll let u know how it goes, that sounds like rent a wheelchair for wk pain, SUPER DROL ANYONE?

25 reps leg press, I'll give it a go!

Drop sets & "running the rack" are great for all leg exercises; especially when doing calves. On the seated calf raise I might do one warm-up set and one heavy set to failure, but I might do an upwards of 6-8 drop sets for that burn. I used to dread leg day... but I look forward to it every week. Love doing legs. By the time I'm finished on leg day I'm hobbling to my car.
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

Chest I do a hybrid routine. I start off 20 reps then wind up 3-5 last set. Most other chest moves are 8-12 reps for most part

Quote Originally Posted by Big Hoss View Post
    Drop sets & "running the rack" are great for all leg exercises; especially when doing calves. On the seated calf raise I might do one warm-up set and one heavy set to failure, but I might do an upwards of 6-8 drop sets for that burn. I used to dread leg day... but I look forward to it every week. Love doing legs. By the time I'm finished on leg day I'm hobbling to my car.
    Probably a stupid question but are they growing or are you just blasting the fuck out of them. I guess in training you either looking for size or strength or maybe just working out to burn cals.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbutcho View Post
    Probably a stupid question but are they growing or are you just blasting the fuck out of them. I guess in training you either looking for size or strength or maybe just working out to burn cals.
    Going for size; and they're growing subtly week by week. I try to go as heavy as the old joints will allow.
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L