Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving meal

Thanksgiving meal

A couple of years ago I listen to a radio program , and the host was having people call in and describe what was the Thanksgiving meal... It was an example of America's "out of many ...one"

Everyone called in and I am from the descent and we have "x"..and the would list off every thing and end with a turkey ..

for Eaxmple a mexican american called in an said we have encelatas bean rice and a turkey

Being a mixture of a ancestories .. from my french canadian side do a pork sausage stuffing ...that is like a real low grade meatloaf... loaded with calories and just plain awesome... Ofcourse the green bean casarole.. and of course Potatoes.
    also a tradition in brought in from the sister inlaw a mixture of various pickles ( onions , cukes olives etc...) for a pre meal snack
    and of course a turkey !

what is yours

Re: Thanksgiving meal

Ours has always been the traditional turkey with dressing or stuffing, mashed potatoes & brown gravy, rolls, baked beans, green bean casserole, home-made cranberry sauce, mac-n-chz, and a few other small side dishes. Dessert has been pecan pie, pumpkin pie, sweet potato pie, & of course the store-bought cookies, brownies, and chocolate cake. Just an old run-of-the-mill Thanksgiving Day feast! Damn... you just made me hungry!
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

Turkey potatoes baked beans, fruit salad, and shit loads of desserts oh stuffing and veggies too with potato salad, snacks, breads etc
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

Opportunity starts knocking today. You all might think this is bad but... Today and tomorrow I start the list of what is being made. It all depends on what NEEDS to be used in the refrigerator, LOL! My wife and I host 40 or so people (family and friends) so it's a lot of fucking food. She is going through the refrigerator now and I am starting to pair the ingredients together for possible appetizers and side dishes. Of course we also have your more traditional items; turkey, duck, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes, LOTS of bread, boiled onions, green bean casserole.

I like the idea of MAC and cheese - dress it up a bit with a crumb topping and some chives, walla! A cheap side dish. We need those inexpensive dishes in this house. :-)

A buddy of mine is Italian... he has full home cooked Lasagna with the Turkey

anyone brave enough to try a turduckin?

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Doing a deep fried turkey for my mom and dad this year, they are going to love it...I will be doing this for years to come I predict, mashed potatoes, candied yams, Coastal Kale salad, rolls, stuffing, and great company!!! May even have a shot of Patron with mom this year .

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    Doing a deep fried turkey for my mom and dad this year, they are going to love it...I will be doing this for years to come I predict, mashed potatoes, candied yams, Coastal Kale salad, rolls, stuffing, and great company!!! May even have a shot of Patron with mom this year .
    They are excellent!!

If u haven't done it before make sure that fucker is dry inside and out and lower it in VERY slowly and I do mean SLOW!

Enjoy!
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    anyone brave enough to try a turduckin?
    No but I'll eat the hell out of one lol.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

deep fried is awesome.... very moist turkey...
    just make sure it is thawed and dry ... cooks in no time too