Thread: Lift Me Up

Lift Me Up

is it wrong that we play this loudly in our house and our 11 year old sings all the lyrics? Except the F bombs of course, lol. Positive message it is...at least I think it is. the fact that this band does so much for our veterans make them all the more better!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-2yuGgp_U8
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

Nbencze

Re: Lift Me Up

If it's not christian music I believe it could be bad. Remember that satin was gods must beautiful angel, and was his best musician. I do believe satin works through music. Even if the lyrics are not satanic it does not mean that the tones of the music are not. I used to listen to metal, and death metal, and since I turned to christian rock my mood has changed big time.
    Last edited by Nbencze; 03-10-2015 at 04:02 PM.

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

I like it, would be playing in our gym or on my iPod while training, but listen to mellow music when around my little girl...Jack Johnson, Dave Matthews, her Disney music, but yes we have been listening to Christian rock now as well and yes there is a much more pleasant mood from it, but have not found that type of rhythm and aggression from it like Five Finger Death Punch or other artists I like. Thanks Baby, will add this to my library.

I listen to music and don't think that deep if it is satanic or not. If I like it I like it. I guess I should break out the Stryper cassettes. that will still keep me back in the 80's,lol
    Last edited by baby1; 03-10-2015 at 06:12 PM.

Nbencze

I think that certain people are more susceptible to influence through music. I am one of them, but I do know people that can listen to certain music and it does not effect them at all. I used to listen to pantera and slayer to get pumped up for the gym.

I am all over the place with my music listening, lol. the only music I don't listen to is country. I love orchestra, classical, jazz, old rock n roll, metal, alternative. just depends what kind of mood I am in I guess. I love listening to Andrea Bocelli and I can sing along but haven't a clue what I am saying.

music is very important when lifting....and being embarassed when your child is listen to your music is one of those moments in life... just like the first day of school, the day you talk about where the little brother came from
    just go with the flow , it is all good

unfortunately it is also a sign you are getting older .., but it also means your little girl is growing up

I am not embarrassed at all. I think the music they play on the radio, top 40 crap, for these kids are worse than any music I listen too. This house will keep rockin. She slept great as a baby in the back of the car with metal playing. I used to yell at Fuzo that it was not good music for her and he told me look at her...she is sound asleep,lol