Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Colstreamer's 2015 training log.

Re: Colstreamer's 2015 training log.

I got this chest routine from a book by Nelson Montana. I've gotta say, it's a bloody killer! Not so good for strength as the very short rest periods make it impossible for me to use max weight or even do the same reps per set but it's short, sweet and gets my pecs seriously blasted. I alternate this routine with my usual chest routine, which is basically Larry Scott or Gironda style dips, flat bench and incline bench.
    I know my numbers are kinda poor today but I'm putting that down to being ill and coming off my var. I orobably won't go back on cycle again until the summer now and then it'll be my home capped dbol.

6.5km run in 37 mins 07 secs. image.jpg

3.17km jog in 22mins 59secs.

Inverse rows:
    8x8
    2x6
    4x4
    4x2

My membership to the gym has run out and as I'm only here for another week I'm not going to pay for another whole month. I'll just have to make do with bodyweight exercises for a while.

One legged squats:
    2x3 each leg

Assisted one legged squat:
    1x8 each leg

Bodyweight squats:
    2x10
    3x15

Press ups:
    4x10

Inverse row:
    2x5
    10 mins stretching.

1 leg squats!?! U an acrobat?
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Nah, I'm no acrobat. They're bloody hard. The balance is probably harder than the actual squat. I'm building my way up. At the moment I can manage 3 reps per leg and my quads feel like they're about to burst when I do it. I'm hoping the extra balance will help with fighting. If not it's good way to try and maintain leg strength while I can't getctoo the gym.

No doubt it's balance act for sure! Very hard to do! I used to do a BW circuit and they had u squat on that bosu half ball but ball side down. Mother fucker it was like trying to stand still on the ice with buttered shoes!
    Fucking impossible but that dude in the video did it like a pro lol.

Lmfao! Standing on ice with buttered shoes! Fuckin' hell you make me laugh sometimes!

I figure balancing incorporates assisting muscles and doing unilateral exercises ought to help balance out my legs. Besides, I only kick with one leg at a time and some of the lie kicks (like low spinning heel kicks) require good strength in the supporting leg as you have to bend the fucker to get low enough.

I just got a heavy grips gripper. 100lbs. It's a bit too easy for me, I managed 15 reps as soon as I took it out of the box. Now I think I'll get a captains of crush gripper. There's one that's 108kg (237.6lbs) I reckon that ought to be more challenging. Grip strength isn't particularly necessary for my style of fighting, I'm not wrestling, but I've got small hands and I figure improving my crushing grip strength could help with pulls as well as help improve my forearms overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Colstreamer View Post
    Lmfao! Standing on ice with buttered shoes! Fuckin' hell you make me laugh sometimes!

I figure balancing incorporates assisting muscles and doing unilateral exercises ought to help balance out my legs. Besides, I only kick with one leg at a time and some of the lie kicks (like low spinning heel kicks) require good strength in the supporting leg as you have to bend the fucker to get low enough.

I just got a heavy grips gripper. 100lbs. It's a bit too easy for me, I managed 15 reps as soon as I took it out of the box. Now I think I'll get a captains of crush gripper. There's one that's 108kg (237.6lbs) I reckon that ought to be more challenging. Grip strength isn't particularly necessary for my style of fighting, I'm not wrestling, but I've got small hands and I figure improving my crushing grip strength could help with pulls as well as help improve my forearms overall.
    U are right all that balance work will help u a lot IMHO.
    I have some captiNs of crush grippers. Not sure what ones now. I'll check. On bb.com they sell another brand that's cheaper and as robust

Yeah the ones I got are "Heavy grips" they go up to 350lbs. I figure, as the 100lbs are so easy, I'll try for 250lbs next. Ive seen captains of crush and heavy grips on amazon.