Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Back rehab and mobility work!

Re: Back rehab and mobility work!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Hoss View Post
    Yep, I'll have to check it out the next time I throw my back out which will probably be here soon since I've added BB Rows & Stiff-Legged Deadlifts to my workout routine. They're brutal on the old back! Thanks for the info...
    U are missing the point. If u want until your back is out it's far too late. It literally took me 5-10 minutes to get onto the floor to do a half assed version of some of these exercises.

The point is to help mobility and be stretching daily to avoid injury.

Sorry if I implied this is a good routine to do once out of commission. U will be lucky do half of them......if u can get on the floor lol.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    I saw it on amazon. The reviews are terrible said it's basically a way to brain wash yourself to think there is no pain....or so the reviews said.

Can u elaborate on it more? What exactly does it teach u?
    Dr. Sarno is a legitimate medical expert. He is a surgeon himself and his educational, etc., credentials are impeccable. Many celebrities, such as Howard Stern, among others, swear by him. A lot of people have a vested financial interest in the current lower back pain regimens and all they do is treat the symptoms. Sarno looks at it from another level, i.e., what caused the problem in the first place? If you have an acute injury, Sarno says by all means address it medically w/ pain killers, exercise, or whatever helps. But once it subsides you then have to look at what is causing it to happen over and over again. He also notes that the lower back pain "epidemic" is a recent trend, which is surprising since our forefathers did a lot more manual labor than we do.

Look at all the people who have spinal surgery for their neck and back. There isn't one non-device company study that shows these surgeries to be efficacious. Yet, the doctors and implant companies have made billions off of them and continue to do so.

After a lifetime of back pain, Dr. Sarno's books cured me.

Food for thought if nothing else.

Check this article out. 600K back surgeries a year, and there's no proof they even work. In fact, they can make you worse.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/39658423/n.../#.VNFTH50o61s

A lot of us on here know to question the prevailing medical orthodoxy on all kinds of issues. This should be one of them.

Read this too ...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/edwardsi...-john-e-sarno/

Don't let some weak-willed fatties on Amazon discourage you from at least looking into this.

Love that mobility training and no the program limber doesn't treat the symptoms it prevents them for even appearing again. It's healing and preventative care. Huge improvements for me, nearly 100% again after an injury I had doing good mornings over 6 months ago

Quote Originally Posted by JRam View Post
    Read this too ...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/edwardsi...-john-e-sarno/

Don't let some weak-willed fatties on Amazon discourage you from at least looking into this.
    Lmao fatties on amazon.

So does he give exercises to do and or avoid and stretches?? Or is it a mental thing as some made it out to be?

Quote Originally Posted by JRam View Post
    Check this article out. 600K back surgeries a year, and there's no proof they even work. In fact, they can make you worse.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/39658423/n.../#.VNFTH50o61s

A lot of us on here know to question the prevailing medical orthodoxy on all kinds of issues. This should be one of them.
    Don't think for a second I would rather get surgery or see a dr if I can do something for it myself via exercises, stretching, yoga, mobility work etc.
    Doing that was the only thing that got me back on my feet!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    Lmao fatties on amazon.

So does he give exercises to do and or avoid and stretches?? Or is it a mental thing as some made it out to be?
    Found this online in which one guy contrasts an exercise routine program (McKenzie) with Sarno's approach. BTW, he says Sarno's healed him.

Like the McKenzie method, Sarno also doesn’t believe you should stop doing physical activity when you experience back pain. In fact, he recommends the exact opposite. But where he differs is that he believes you should stop all forms of physical therapy, and he recommends this only because he believes physical therapy is a psychological impediment to you believing that it’s all in your mind. After all, if you really believed it was all in your mind, then why would you need physical therapy? So even though he believes there are some benefits to physical therapy (for example, massages, which increase oxygen to your muscles, which reduces pain), he thinks the psychological detriments outweigh the immediate physical benefits. Sarno would almost certainly recommend against doing any of the McKenzie exercises, as doing so would be admitting to yourself that you pulled your muscle.

Sounds crazy, I know. But i tried all these routines and always wound up with back pain again. Since adopting he Sarno's approach I haven't had a problem and it has been years.

Ass backwards

I don't have any dog in this fight. Just sharing my experience. Take it for what you will.