Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Back rehab and mobility work!

Re: Back rehab and mobility work!

Quote Originally Posted by JRam View Post
    I don't have any dog in this fight. Just sharing my experience. Take it for what you will.
    I understand the fundamentals of a positive perspective but not admitting that you have an injury to prevent further injuries, or the manifestation of an original injury is like avoiding the doctor when you have brain tumor, God forbid you know for sure because once you do, your dead.

Jram can u please elaborate on what kind of methods the book teaches to help the root of the issue?

Does he teach rehab work, mobility/stretching, exercises to do or avoid?
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Orange24 View Post
    I understand the fundamentals of a positive perspective but not admitting that you have an injury to prevent further injuries, or the manifestation of an original injury is like avoiding the doctor when you have brain tumor, God forbid you know for sure because once you do, your dead.
    It's more than "positive thinking." Dr. Sarno is no broscientist, unlike most of the people we see who are peddling cures for lower back pain. He went to Columbia medical school, taught at NYU medical school, and was head of the Rusk Institute. This is a legit guy.

As a spinal surgeon he operated on people who had legit spinal injuries needing this kind of medical treatment - but most do not.
    Last edited by JRam; 02-04-2015 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    Jram can u please elaborate on what kind of methods the book teaches to help the root of the issue?

Does he teach rehab work, mobility/stretching, exercises to do or avoid?
    According to Dr. Sarno, there's no need for any specialized routine for your back. You can do whatever you want but it's not likely to have any impact on you long term. He does say that after an acute attack, which is what you had, that you should do whatever it takes to get better, e.g., stretching, muscle relaxants, etc. So whatever is working for you right now, keep doing it.

Dr. Sarno's approach is mental. He believes lower back issues, if they are recurrent, as mine were, are caused mostly by mental stress. If you're a Type A personality you're likely to be more susceptible. This may be one of the reasons why so many high profile people swear by him.

TBH, if you don't have recurrent lower back issues you really don't need to explore this any further.

Ok it was $6 on amazon prime. I will check it out for that! I'll post back in here when I get it

Ok it was $6 on amazon prime. I will check it out for that! I'll post back in here when I get it
    Good luck bro.

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

As some of u know I've been out of commission with a jacked back for almost a full week now. I've tweaked my back before but nothing like this. It's truly been the worst week of my life. I was literally bed riden at points and helpless.

I tried the usual things like inversion table, massage, heat, Epsom salt baths, accupunturist, Chiropractor.

The chiro got me back on my feet and somewhat human again, but I was still super stiff and not myself.

Orange on here hooked me up with this epic joe defranco mobility 11 program and it's seriously transformed my quality of life these past 2 days. It's almost hard to believe how huge of an improvement I made doing this a few times yesterday and today.

I'm going to use it for the rest of my life 3-5 times a week.

If u suffer from low back pain and limited rom and flexibility in your legs, hips, groin. I can not recommend this highly enough!!

Luckily I already had a lacrose ball and foam roller. If not get em guys. They are invaluable tools.

Enjoy! Thank orange!

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/FSSDLDhbacc
    This hurts...I can't make it through it, going to work on it daily until I do, I know it is the reason for my back & abdominal issues. Thanks Iggy & Orange for the video, now to conquer it.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    This hurts...I can't make it through it, going to work on it daily until I do, I know it is the reason for my back & abdominal issues. Thanks Iggy & Orange for the video, now to conquer it.
    I don't do all of it but close!

It works so well

Some of them are hard to do. My hams are always crazy tight!