Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on being a Christian Bodybuilder...is the lifestyle sinful?

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Thoughts on being a Christian Bodybuilder...is the lifestyle sinful?

Pretty much sums up my reoccurring question that is in my head on a daily basis. So in my life, recent occurrences have turned me back into faith and Christianity, daily bible reading as well as bible study, going to church weekly, volunteering in the youth ministry (a program that my little girl is involved in weekly), and prayer. Our family was baptized last year together, and we have accepted Jesus Christ as our lord and savior...but now this has brought some questions to my mind in regards to my bodybuilding competition lifestyle...obviously some of the aspects you can all figure out without me saying would they be considered sinful? Big Hoss and I have had some PM's recently about this and with his suggestion...a good one at that...I had asked Knights to put up this forum to hopefully bring forward some other Christian brotherhood here so we can have some insight and discussions about this. Thanks Hoss for reaching out to me, and thank you Knights for putting up this forum!!!
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

Re: Thoughts on being a Christian Bodybuilder...is the lifestyle sinful?

It's not hurting anyone, not sinning against your own body and is relatively rooted in healthy life style. Legality issues are tough for me to chime in on. This countries laws are so beyond me. I just don't know how we got here with the abundance of control. But I know what you mean. Hard to truly tell.

V.I.P.

It's absolutely a sin. After going to a Christian highschool and being a big stoner and fully tattoed I've gone over this a lot. I'm not the type of Christian that would judge one for their choices as I believe everyone's relationship w God is different but lots of Christians will disagree w me. We are altering our god given genetics w science. Almost playing god in a way. Many of us myself included do it for looks what it called being vain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Vicious 13; 02-11-2015 at 09:09 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

well I guess this whole subject should start wiith which version of Christianity..Catholic, priotestian, presbierian medthodist ,baptsit ..heck even mormans are christians .. then we can gett to what bible , king james, latin, guettenberg and as I said Churh of latter day saints ...
    there are just too many permutations in what is christianity ..
    I think one of the basic is not to be judgemental .. so I lean toward not commenting on which version of christianity... I am not sure who is right and I lean toward WWJCD ..and that is not Jay Cutler...
    so in this mordern age would Jesus workout.... probably... he not know to be lazy and healthy seems to me something he would do granted when you can turn water into wine , then why not a protien shake

BB I can not picture that.... after all I can not picture him spending large amounts on food , time and supplements that he could work with the poor or preach... that being said would he judge you as gluttenous... well the 7 deadly sin were not from Jesus (AFAIK)

So bring jesus into the mordern age would disapprove of a bodybuilding lifestyle.. to be honest I don't know

s a little off subject, but a few weeks ago I heard some exclaim in shock "Jesus Christ on a 4 man bob sled" this painted such an interested picture I of course laughed... so was that taken the lords name in vien? picture the savor as a fun loving guy going down a mountian with a couple of buds.... well no IMHO ...however if ment in a bad light it was

and this is where I find my answer ,.to your questions... the decision that something is bad or not christian lies in your decision that it in not respectful of Jesus himself .. so if you feel that your bb activity is interfering with your relation with God then it is , if you feel it brings you closer then it is ok.

I remember hearing Branch Warren saying Jesus was his savor.. so why not ...

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious 13 View Post
    It's absolutely a sin. After going to a Christian highschool and being a big stoner and fully tattoed I've gone over this a lot. I'm not the type of Christian that would judge one for their choices as I believe everyone's relationship w God is different but lots of Christians will disagree w me. We are altering our god given genetics w science. Almost playing god in a way. Many of us myself included do it for looks what it called being vain?

I see where your coming from but I think the only sinful part of it is not obeying the laws or the land. Altering your appearance isn't necessarily a sin to me, or playing God. Just like putting make up on for a girl isn't necessarily a sin either.

I enjoy this life style, It doesn't take over my life but only makes it more enjoyable and better.

I do need to ponder though if using illegal substances to alter your appearance is something to wrestle with though.

V.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange24 View Post
    I see where your coming from but I think the only sinful part of it is not obeying the laws or the land. Altering your appearance isn't necessarily a sin to me, or playing God. Just like putting make up on for a girl isn't necessarily a sin either.

I enjoy this life style, It doesn't take over my life but only makes it more enjoyable and better.

I do need to ponder though if using illegal substances to alter your appearance is something to wrestle with though.
    How about a man putting make up on? How about a man ciutting off his god given parts and turning them into female parts. God made us in his image. Perfect

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

V.I.P.

Just food for thought. I consider myself christian and believe I have a great relationship with god. These are just things I've been told. I've prayed about it and I feel good about the way I live my life. Also I think gods laws and mans are very different 😊

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious 13 View Post
    Just food for thought. I consider myself christian and believe I have a great relationship with god. These are just things I've been told. I've prayed about it and I feel good about the way I live my life. Also I think gods laws and mans are very different 😊

I agree with you here Vic, as these are just some of the questions that have surfaced in my mind recently...maybe over thinking it. I am on my way to church right now for a class, but will come back to this discussion later...thanks brothers!!!

I also do agree with Vic as we are genetically altering our bodies beyond what they were created to be...hence building freakishly large physiques through supplementation, and yes it is vain...just my opinion. We will continue this discssion later.