Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HAPPY EASTER!

HAPPY EASTER!

Just wishing everyone a 'good' Good Friday and a Happy Easter weekend. This will be the first ever in my life to miss a Sunday Easter service at church (due to my surgical procedure being performed today); but I will be there in Spirit! Take care...

"FOR HE IS NOT HERE... HE HAS RISEN!!!"
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

Re: HAPPY EASTER!

I always found the Palm Sunday service a little disturbing ... the chorus "Crucify him " was always disturbing as a kid ..
    but that is growing catholic.. anyhow Good Friday no meats ! which I don't really follow any more since I found out the reason for no meat fridays was random Papal edict .. And I am going to the Outback..
    have to say , it is still not uncommon in this part of the woods, it will be easy to get a seat at Outback

anyhow wish you luck with surgery ..first one seems to have gone well ..

HAPPY EASTER!

some where out in america...it is starting to rain

damm my gym is closed again!

I know wise ass

Happy Easter!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Happy Easter MC! Went to Good Friday service last night, volunteering tomorrow at the church for all services, hosting brunch at the house for the family, egg hunt for little one, and still in contest prep...thank you God for all the blessings in my life including the trials that come to tear me down and rebuild me in the way You want me to be, your will not mine God, and keep me in service to others daily so that I do not dwell on fears, worry, or self pity...love to all my brothers and sisters, let this Easter remind all of you what is truly important in our lives and to be thankful for the Lords good graces!!!

"God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." (2 CORINTHIANS 5:21)

J. C. Ryle (1816-1900), an evangelical minister of the Church of England, was a prolific writer, faithful pastor, and husband of three wives (widowed three times). In a sermon entitled "Are You Looking?" he wrote these words:

"[We see] the eternal Son of God suffering, bleeding, agonizing, dying, in order to pay your soul's debt and make satisfaction for your sins. ...Nothing but Christ's atonement on the cross can ever clear up these things... Your own ...repentance and amendment, your own morality and regularity, your own church-going and sacrament-receiving, your own Bible-reading and your prayers, your own almsgiving and your charities - what are they all but a huge mass of imperfection? ...As grounds of acceptance with God, they are worthless rubbish... they cannot bear the weight of your sins... Rest on nothing but Christ crucified, and the atonement He made for you on Calvary."

As a child I used to feel guilty and sad on Good Friday. But today I know it was the greatest day in history, the day when all my sins were washed away.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    "
    As a child I used to feel guilty and sad on Good Friday. But today I know it was the greatest day in history, the day when all my sins were washed away.
    Did you get baptised again or for the first time?
    wow that guy had faith huh? I mean he bury 3 wives.. I would think God had it out for me with 3 , then again you might think he had it out for you with one that lived ? so

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    Did you get baptised again or for the first time?
    wow that guy had faith huh? I mean he bury 3 wives.. I would think God had it out for me with 3 , then again you might think he had it out for you with one that lived ? so
    I was Baptized again. Was just sharing a daily devotional sent to me by one of my church brothers...Happy Easter.

Happy Easter! the bunny is visiting our tomorrow!!! I have been in the kitchen baking since 10 am and finally sat down. What stinks is I cant eat anything I baked,lol..

11127855_429094127247584_2353361006634134993_n.jpg
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."