Thread: REborn

REborn

I always wondered why people who are reborn Christians do get baptized again? I was reading that MA recently did and thought I would ask. Fuzo has a sister and brother who were raised as Catholics but became "reborn Christians" about 15 years ago. WE really don't talk to them much though. Seems their church family comes before other people now. It works for them so that's what matters but we cannot seem to visit with them without them trying to get us to be part of their church family.
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

Re: REborn

my sister converted to Baptist , and had to be baptised again in that church..
    and I tend to think that a later baptism is a more logical idea ... after all I think it should be a conscious decision of the individual
    sad to hear that about your in laws.. doesn't seem that Christian

V.I.P.

Christians believe more in having to be old enough to understand except Christ in your heart so they baptize older. Catholic very young

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious 13 View Post
    Christians believe more in having to be old enough to understand except Christ in your heart so they baptize older. Catholic very young

Why baptize again though? Isn't a Christian Church open to all? Catholics and Lutherans are Christian religions also. Just confusing to me. I was baptized Lutheran an attended church on and off, and then I went to a Catholic high school. Now if I wanted to go to a "Christian" church where I live, would I not be considered part of the fellowship unless baptized? I honestly like the Lutheran church near us and they offer both traditional and contemporary services. It just depends what mood I am in. I do like the traditional more. Now I haven't been to church in about 2 years, but my daughter will be starting classes for her conformation in the fall so I will be going more.
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

I did it for two reasons...when I was a baby or child it didn't mean anything to me, my folks did not regularly go or have me involved with church after that, think they may have did it due to it was the proper thing to do back then, this time it was for me to renew my relationship with God and accepting Jesus Christ as my savior, along with the family did it as a whole with our new church. My mother-in-law and I had a nice conversation about it today during brunch, she commented about me being a born again Christian, I told her I see it as renewing my faith in my relationship with God. She doesn't believe in heaven, but believes in living Gods laws and commandments, so we had quite the conversation today...much respect to her as she knows the Bible very well, but was brought up differently through her church. Anyway Baby, that is why we did.

V.I.P.

That's pretty much what I've seen going to a Christian highschool. A baby doesn't understand the baptism so they do it when they are old enough to understand

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The 'washing away' of your old sinful life and the 'rebirth' of your new Christian life of following Jesus. "For his blood will wash your sins white as snow."
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Hoss View Post
    The 'washing away' of your old sinful life and the 'rebirth' of your new Christian life of following Jesus. "For his blood will wash your sins white as snow."
    This is what the day of resurrection symbolizes...we are a new!!! We are clothed in clean white clothes, the old rags have been taken in exchange...along with our sins. It is a new day, life, and slate!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    This is what the day of resurrection symbolizes...we are a new!!! We are clothed in clean white clothes, the old rags have been taken in exchange...along with our sins. It is a new day, life, and slate!!!
    AMEN brother!
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L