Thread: Does Working 1 BP Per WK Work for Naturals?

Does Working 1 BP Per WK Work for Naturals?

I've always wanted to blow out one bodypart a day, rather than the various split routines. However I've read that unless you're on gear, waiting a week in-between workouts is not productive for muscle-building. I just would like to mix things up a bit and do maybe 18-22 sets per body part once a week. I recover pretty quickly so maybe that's what I should base workout strategy on? Thoughts, please.

Re: Does Working 1 BP Per WK Work for Naturals?

IMHO I feel it's best to switch up your routine every do often to keep from plateauing. As for how often to switch things up that's personal preference for the most part. I switch mine up every month. This month I'm doing 1 body part a day lots of volume as you can see in my log. Next month I'll go to 2 parts a day 3 x a week. The month after I might go back to 1/day but HIT.

I would suggest switch it up and see how your body reacts

I do a 4 day split and do a bodypart per day. Keep the split but change up the exercises each week. It has worked great for me over the years!

I'd do a mon-fri routine as follows
    Mon-chest and tri
    Tues-back and bi
    We'd-legs
    Thurs-shoulders and calves
    Fri-chest and tri(again)
    Then Monday start back with back and biceps. Every week you get 1 extra workout per muscle combo. This also prevents overtraining.

Quote Originally Posted by Fit Guru View Post
    I'd do a mon-fri routine as follows
    Mon-chest and tri
    Tues-back and bi
    We'd-legs
    Thurs-shoulders and calves
    Fri-chest and tri(again)
    Then Monday start back with back and biceps. Every week you get 1 extra workout per muscle combo. This also prevents overtraining.
    Good stuff right here!

V.I.P.

As a natural you have to experiment a lot. We are all different so there is no magic routine. I would try different routines and see what happens. The one listed by fit guru would be a good place to start. Remember as a natural bodybuilder the results will come slower so I would give each new routine at least a month trial. Oh and I have trained naturally since I was 20, Im 51.

For me my best gains have come from training everything 2 xs a week. I switch exercises and rep ranges around to prevent stagnation. I feel that over training is a result of lack of proper nutrients and rest. The body will adapt to any type of work you put it through. You have to give your body the fuel it needs to be successful. You should experiment with different routines for a couple months each. This way you can figure out what works best for you. Good luck.