Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mouth piece for sleep apnea

Mouth piece for sleep apnea

So I finally got mine and it is hard to get used to after using crap for years. I liked the way crap forced open your airway and kept you oxygenated all night. This thing works but your nose gotta be clear for it to work. Hopefully I get used to it as it will be a big saver when traveling.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

Re: Mouth piece for sleep apnea

2 things
    1) keep us ( or at least me ) posted on how well this works ... I know I am interested
    2) the only great thing about the cpap machine and travel , is it is medical , and there fore by law does not count as carry on..
    now the bag my cpap came with is large enough that I can stuff at least socks, undies and shaving kit
    this is enough crap to squeeze out an extra days supplies...which if you travel for work is huge

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    So I finally got mine and it is hard to get used to after using crap for years. I liked the way crap forced open your airway and kept you oxygenated all night. This thing works but your nose gotta be clear for it to work. Hopefully I get used to it as it will be a big saver when traveling.
    Chesty, where did you get it? I've seen them advertised and also connected to a dentist. Is yours from a sleep clinic?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I got mine from a dentist who specializes I sleep apnea. After several months of treatment to prepare for this, a custom mold was made and a custom pitting made. So far my says I have not stored and I seem to be fairly well rested
    I have to do a new sleep study using mouth piece to see if it truly is working. I'll post results up after I have it done.

One thing g 8s if your nose plugs up when you lay down, the mouth piece won't work so well. Plus, if you have been using a cap for a while, it is hard to adjust to not using it. I cheated and used it my first night. I'll keep everyone up to speed on this for those interested.
    if this works out fully, I have found the answer I have been looking for, as now, I will be able to go camping travel and not worry about not having my crap.

So far I like appliance.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

well I have to admit a mouth piece ,sounds a lot more convenient... how is the sleep though..

I got mine from a dentist who specializes I sleep apnea. After several months of treatment to prepare for this, a custom mold was made and a custom pitting made. So far my says I have not stored and I seem to be fairly well rested
    I have to do a new sleep study using mouth piece to see if it truly is working. I'll post results up after I have it done.

One thing g 8s if your nose plugs up when you lay down, the mouth piece won't work so well. Plus, if you have been using a cap for a while, it is hard to adjust to not using it. I cheated and used it my first night. I'll keep everyone up to speed on this for those interested.
    if this works out fully, I have found the answer I have been looking for, as now, I will be able to go camping travel and not worry about not having my crap.

So far I like appliance.
    Thanks. And please do keep us updated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Chesty did your deviated septum surgery not help u much?
    I snore since I'm heavier. Wife loves it lol. I don't have apnea though.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Yes, the surgery helped breath easier, but my airway would partially collapse when I would lay down so still had apnea and snoring. The mouth piece is more convenient for sure and sleep is about equal with machine. The biggest issue I now have is clenching my teeth when I sleep. Will keep updated.
    Last edited by chesty; 07-07-2015 at 02:51 AM.

The biggest issue I now have is clenching my teeth when I sleep. Will keep updated.
    clenching the teeth to keep the mouth price in or biting down on the mouth piece?
    what did they do for surgery ...a friend they wanted to break his jaw !

Nothing like that for me. People with apnea are teeth clenched and I'm the worst. So that means when I sleep, I clench and grind. He just gave me a bite guard to wear to relax my neck muscles it worked then I get sleep apnea appliance. So just deviated septum and turbinate surgery.