Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone own a Prius???

Does anyone own a Prius???

Tell me what you think?

Nbencze

Re: Does anyone own a Prius???

Had one for two years without a problem. Best car we have ever had. Toyotas customer service is the best. Gas mileage is great, and only cost 20 to fill up. I let my dad drive ours, and two days later he bought one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nbencze View Post
    Had one for two years without a problem. Best car we have ever had. Toyotas customer service is the best. Gas mileage is great, and only cost 20 to fill up. I let my dad drive ours, and two days later he bought one.
    Okay what year

No I hate them. Why spend $30k for a corolla gas milage? Just buy a Yaris or Corolla. Cheaper and 40mpg. U can buy an ass ton of gas for the $10-$15k msrp difference.

Prius are terrible for the environment down the road in regards of battery disposal. Far more toxic for the environment then a gas engine car
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

I was reading in the paper that the used market for the electric/hybrid cars is substantial discounted since gas prices fell as a bunch come off lease..

if I was going to go hybrid with the chevy volt, most people don't even realize how little they take for hops ... 120 Miles is a lot more than the average person needs

then again a tesla is just f'ng plain cool...
    silent .. moves like a bat out of hell

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    I was reading in the paper that the used market for the electric/hybrid cars is substantial discounted since gas prices fell as a bunch come off lease..

if I was going to go hybrid with the chevy volt, most people don't even realize how little they take for hops ... 120 Miles is a lot more than the average person needs

then again a tesla is just f'ng plain cool...
    silent .. moves like a bat out of hell
    Yeah BMW makes a car called the i3. They figure there range that the average person drives 30 miles per day. I was able to get a insane lease price on one though my company but I didn't do it. Didn't like how they drove. No sway bars= crazy body roll. Was tempting cause would have been able to charge it for free by my work

Tesla is bad ass! Super fast! Very cool cars

And watch the south park episode about smug before u get a Prius lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    No I hate them. Why spend $30k for a corolla gas milage? Just buy a Yaris or Corolla. Cheaper and 40mpg. U can buy an ass ton of gas for the $10-$15k msrp difference.

Prius are terrible for the environment down the road in regards of battery disposal. Far more toxic for the environment then a gas engine car
    This.

Setting aside the "cool" factor and/or environmental concerns, a Corolla or Yaris may be a better financial deal for you. In my area, Toyota is offering 0 percent financing on the Corolla, which is a lot more car than the Prius. Nothing beats 0 percent financing. The car company lends you the money to buy the car and you pay it off over 5-6 years with no interest. Even if you had the cash to buy the car outright at the time of purchase you would be better off financing it at 0 percent because even if you're only getting 1 percent interest at the bank, you're coming out ahead

ok i hear you, but why is a corolla more car?

Quote Originally Posted by Orange24 View Post
    ok i hear you, but why is a corolla more car?
    Not sure I agree with that.

They are equally slow, boring ass cars that do nothing well except great economy. The Corolla will last agesamd require very little to keep it going.
    The Prius will need about $1500 in batteries at some point or another and I would be shocked if anyone but Toyota can work on a Prius. Moot point if u are getting rid of it before out of warranty.

My wife had a Yaris for a while. Got 35-40+mpg and was $15k. It was a beer can with wheels. U get hit at any speed u are dead in these cars......but great economy.
    It didn't fit a baby seat for shit and I was worried sick about my wife and baby being in a car that dangerous in an accident.
    That said other then an odd trans leak while under warranty it was problem free for 70k.