Thread: JM presses, who does'm?

JM presses, who does'm?

So I've done these in the past but pretty infrequently. Started doing them again a few weeks ago and I can't seem to get the hang of them very good. It's a weird move I know but suppose to be great. Any of you misfits do them? Like'm?

Re: JM presses, who does'm?

I keep all my movements traditional and very simple. All the hocus pockus, skiggity skat stuff doesn't appeal to me and I don't think a lot of them work any better than the tried and true. That's just me though stuck in my old ways probably

Quote Originally Posted by Ebo10 View Post
    I keep all my movements traditional and very simple. All the hocus pockus, skiggity skat stuff doesn't appeal to me and I don't think a lot of them work any better than the tried and true. That's just me though stuck in my old ways probably
    Yeah I do all the traditional movements as well but I do incorporate different things as well. Jm presses, rev bench, drag curls, sissy squats

JM presses, who does'm?

They are a great move I can't do them they bother my right problematic tricep but so does most tricep moves lol.

I don't feel they work any better then close grip bench.
    However most guys fuck up close grip bench. Way to narrow a grip and elbows flared out. Hands too close just fucks your wrists for no reason. The elbow placement is key vs hand width on the bar. Should be elbows close to torso and squeeze those triceps.

If u can get the move down JM press is a great one and will help your bench. That's where JM press shines IMHO is to build Powerlifting power in the triceps.
    I prefer lighter weight even on my tricep mass moves. I want 8-15 reps vs 5-8. I feel triceps grow best if u can contract them hard as hell when u train them. When I move heavy weight sure I hit them.....but seems
    I get more gains with lighter weights for triceps.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

I stick to the traditional movements as well, but I have incorporated Arnold presses in as dropsets to my front raises when doing delts. A more safer approach by using lighter weight because of the 'twisting' movement. If you already have joint and rotator cuff problems; doing Arnold presses at a moderate to heavy wieght will just tear the shit out of 'em.
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L