Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My son just swore into the Army

Re: My son just swore into the Army

He called today. They said he had asthma after doing bunch of tests while he had bronchitis. They are giving him an honorable discharge and he can get a waiver to go back in six months. He was in tears when he was telling me. He told me he joined for himself and his mom. He felt really bad. Will help him with a trainer and help him get in shape and over bronchitis so he can get his waiver and go back if he wants to try again. I feel really bad for him. He is really down over not being allowed to complete basic. They just wouldn't believe him that it was just bronchitis. They wouldn't give him the time to recover from it before testing him.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

On top of a mountain. In the middle of nowhere

Congrats I know your proud.
    Everything I say on this forum is for enterainment purposes only. I am actually a midget with a twelve inch root.

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    He called today. They said he had asthma after doing bunch of tests while he had bronchitis. They are giving him an honorable discharge and he can get a waiver to go back in six months. He was in tears when he was telling me. He told me he joined for himself and his mom. He felt really bad. Will help him with a trainer and help him get in shape and over bronchitis so he can get his waiver and go back if he wants to try again. I feel really bad for him. He is really down over not being allowed to complete basic. They just wouldn't believe him that it was just bronchitis. They wouldn't give him the time to recover from it before testing him.
    Trials of life right brother. I hope he decides to make some changes and makes the decision to go back.

He will definitely be ahead of the curve with the next group of recruits.
    Check Out "The Lunchbox" Past, Present and Future Life Log!!

http://www.musclecoalition.org/showt...nto-the-Future

Me too. He is just DE a stated right now. I'm gonna start running with him and that won't be easy to do at first being 240 with metal in my back, but I'll do it for him. That way he will be ready to get waiver in 6 months if he chooses to.

I also found a legit doctor place that uses a shot and some other meds that instantly cures you of smoking. 80 percent success rate. That and counseling it will be 100. Once he is over that his lungs will function normally.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

Me too. He is just DE a stated right now. I'm gonna start running with him and that won't be easy to do at first being 240 with metal in my back, but I'll do it for him. That way he will be ready to get waiver in 6 months if he chooses to.

I also found a legit doctor place that uses a shot and some other meds that instantly cures you of smoking. 80 percent success rate. That and counseling it will be 100. Once he is over that his lungs will function normally.
    Being an ex smoker I can sympathize with the difficulty of quitting. It is hard.

Will be hoping for the best outcome for your boy buddy.
    Check Out "The Lunchbox" Past, Present and Future Life Log!!

http://www.musclecoalition.org/showt...nto-the-Future

I am sorry Chesty. That is rough for him and even more for you being the parent. You never know why things happen the way they do but there is always some reason for it. Let us know how he, and you, are doing
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

He called today, Sounds better. I told him to ask his commander if he can have another try before they send him home and he has to wait 6 months for the waiver. I told him even if he says no, he will know you really want to do this and be a soldier. He also told me when he gets home he is going to keep running and trainingto pass the apft , I told him I will run with him and he was like that's cool, sure. He said he wants to go back to college and if that isn't working or not his thing he will go back in with the waiver. I told him to that when he can pass the apft we will get the required exams for the waiver showing he is good to go. Then if he decides to go for it, we will get with recruiter, run and pass the apft, hand him the paper work for waiver and he should get a second chance. He was also upset because he doent get to finish and he wanted too. He is also very emotional at times, very caring person and says he has to hid that or the other recruits will call him a pussy and his di will think he is nuts and try to get him discharged. I explained to him and reminded him what the captain at his swearing in told us and them, only 1percent of the population make the choice to join the military and protect the 99 percent of America who can't or won't. And that in itself shows he has more guts than 350 million Americans and that is an awesome thing he did.

He will be fine, I'm sure I will, just hard when you can't be there for them. Thanks for the thoughts will keep up to date.

Ps, it's gonna suck for me when I start running. Haven't done it in 11 years and I'm at 240 with metal in my lower back. But it is all for my son so I'm in 100 percent.

Good to hear you talked to him. It's amazing what most parents will do for their kids in spite of anything. I would do the same.. Best wishes to your son through this endeavor
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

Nbencze

I look at it this way brother. Maybe it was meant to be. Maybe the lord has greater plans for him!

Possible greater plans, just received letter today from him and he is committed to training and making it thru basic. He is changed already for the better.

Now to get his step mom to realize this and stop threatening me with leaving cause he will be coming back for a while and might choose reserves over active duty this time around. Wtf I hear that shit from her at least 1 time a month.