Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Multi-Vitamins

Re: Multi-Vitamins

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    Come on now...an article in the NY Times saying vitamins are useless and increase risk of cancer heart disease, and shorten our life span lol, ok well so can western civilization diet, BIG Pharma, GMO's, and anything that is in competition with the billion dollar pharma industry.
    Are you arguing with the studies cited? It's not just a NYT writer offering opinions based on his own personal opinion. Take it for what it is worth.

I don't have much use for Big Pharma either but I'm not going discount legit university studies either. There's plenty of bullshit in the NYT but there's plenty of bullshit on the boards too.

Here's a CNN study citing recent major medical journal study finding that multi-vitamins are useless. Folks can read the underlying study and make up their own mind. Sure, there are monied interests out there pushing a certain agenda but there are plenty of people on the boards pushing their own agenda in an effort to make some coin as well. My advice is to respectfully listen to everyone, do your own research, and then make up your own mind.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/16/health...amins-studies/

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JRam View Post
    Here's a CNN study citing recent major medical journal study finding that multi-vitamins are useless. Folks can read the underlying study and make up their own mind. Sure, there are monied interests out there pushing a certain agenda but there are plenty of people on the boards pushing their own agenda in an effort to make some coin as well. My advice is to respectfully listen to everyone, do your own research, and then make up your own mind.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/16/health...amins-studies/
    Agreed...and will agree to disagree. You are right, do your own research and believe what you want, but you know what else is useless...the media.
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    Agreed...and will agree to disagree. You are right, do your own research and believe what you want, but you know what else is useless...the media.
    What about TMZ?

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JRam View Post
    What about TMZ?
    Don't watch it. Hey I am just voicing my opinion, take it for what it is worth...nothing. I will continue to use my multi-vitamin packs and supplements like TUDCA, NAC, cycle support supplements, and MCT oil and not watch the news . Yeah if you Google multi-vitamin hoax all kinds of articles come up...and they all will say to get your vitamins and minerals from eating whole foods which I do, so is it personal preference...yes, should people read and research what is best for them of course. It is all good...but you will not get all the vitamins and minerals from GMO foods or processed foods, you have to intelligently buy your food nowadays.
    Last edited by MuscleAddiction; 08-31-2015 at 11:26 PM.
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

Lol sounds like I'm talking to my dad. Holy shit does he get pissed off about vitamins. He sites a study nautilus did back in the day. He wanted to couple vitamins with his new equipment and did tons of test and found....vitamins make expensive piss.

However this study was over 50 yrs ago now. Surely vitamins and minerals are made better then back then??

I don't argue for one second our body needs vitamins or minerals. My issue with vitamins in supplement form is does the body recognize what it as and can it actually assimilate it and function that same a vitamin is treated by the body as if it was from a food source?

That's always been my dilemma...some I feel some
    I don't. Not to say if u don't feel it they aren't doing anything but harder for me to be consistent taking them when I don't notice anything.

I would rather get into fresh fruit and veggie juicing again and not worry about it lol.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Nbencze

I thought if I read it on the Internet it must be true haha.

Nbencze

Anyways I buy the cheap stuff, and I still try to get my vitamins through my food.

Well, I just wanted to know what you all might recommend. hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by squatpresspull View Post
    Well, I just wanted to know what you all might recommend. hahahahaha
    If you are going to spend money on one, get a quality one with no added fillers. You will pay a but more but it is a waste of money to buy cheap ones full of crap. half the time those do not even dissolve and the body doesn't absorb anything from them. I buy a good one by Mega Foods or New Chapter
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."