Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my hearing aids updated at VA

Got my hearing aids updated at VA

Gave me these small inserts for them, go all the way in your ear and reprogrammed them Work really well. I can't believe how loud stuff is supposed to be when your ears are working. Been so long with hearing loss I forgot what it was like to hear the rest of the world.

Used to poke fun at guys who had hearing aids when I was young. But when I realized my hearing was gone, started mumbling my words and didn't hear half or more of what wife, kids, co-workers saying, it wasn't so funny anymore. Losing your hearing really isolates you from the whole world.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

Re: Got my hearing aids updated at VA

Krista's step dad is basically deaf and wears hearing aids. I always get a kick out of it when we visit and are having dinner, he will reach up and turn those puppies off when his wife gets to rambling. Lmao
    Check Out "The Lunchbox" Past, Present and Future Life Log!!

http://www.musclecoalition.org/showt...nto-the-Future

My dad just got a new one for his ear from the VA, the other ear is dead. It has bluetooth so he can hook it up to the TV and hear it better. And so the TV isn't at 100% volume and blowing everyone else's ears out. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchbox View Post
    Krista's step dad is basically deaf and wears hearing aids. I always get a kick out of it when we visit and are having dinner, he will reach up and turn those puppies off when his wife gets to rambling. Lmao
    LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Nbencze

Can you hear me now? That's awesome. I have some hearing loss, and pretty bad tinnitus. I have a feeling I'm not too far behind ha unfortunately.

Lmfao!!! Wish it was that easy.....
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

It does work. My wife writes things down for me. So turning off works great I can also turn the volume way down too.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

Quote Originally Posted by squatpresspull View Post
    My dad just got a new one for his ear from the VA, the other ear is dead. It has bluetooth so he can hook it up to the TV and hear it better. And so the TV isn't at 100% volume and blowing everyone else's ears out. haha
    blue tooth... that is a brilliant idea.... must be great for the cell phone, headphones etc too

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    blue tooth... that is a brilliant idea.... must be great for the cell phone, headphones etc too
    Blue tooth is okay. Using for headphones sucks cause it's all treble, 1k hz and up. Phones not so bad, just got this microphone transmitter is a bit obnoxious as you have to carry it with you. Some though have it all built into the ear piece. Mine use a transmitter.

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    I think so, I'll need to see how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    Blue tooth is okay. Using for headphones sucks cause it's all treble, 1k hz and up. Phones not so bad, just got this microphone transmitter is a bit obnoxious as you have to carry it with you. Some though have it all built into the ear piece. Mine use a transmitter.
    I think his is in the ear piece. He tried to connect to my iPhone at lunch the other day, but he wasn't sure how to run it yet.