Thread: things you need to do so as to gain muscle fast as possible

things you need to do so as to gain muscle fast as possible

This was written for www.fitnessgeared.com a bodybuilding fitness discussion forum,

today’s discussion is teaching about the things you need to do so as to gain muscle fast as possible. Enjoy your reading

If you’re looking to add muscle mass to your frame, hitting the weights hard is a given. Quality time in the gym begins a cascade of changes that will stimulate your muscles to grow bigger in response to the challenges you throw their way. It’s tempting to think that’s all it takes to add muscle to your body. After all, you can actually feel your biceps growing after an intense set of curls.
    That pump is tangible, real-time biofeedback to let you know that blood is flowing to your muscle cells, beginning a chain of events that stimulates protein synthesis. Maybe that’s why it's easy to overlook how important good nutrition is in the mass-building equation. When you choose to eat, say, chicken instead of ice cream, there’s no immediate muscle gratification -- no pump to keep you motivated.
    Make no mistake:
    Eating for muscle is just as important as lifting for muscle. The foods you grab in the morning on the way to work, the meals you pack for lunch and mid-afternoon, what you put into your body immediately following your workout, and your final meal of the day impact your results as much as, if not more than, the number of reps you squeeze out at the end of a set. But in reality, it can be tough to stick to a ""clean"" diet when you're busy. We know that adding another layer of complexity to life in the form of reading food labels and studying ingredient lists just isn't an option for most of us. Not to mention actually preparing all those healthy meals.
    What Do You Need To Do To Build Muscle?
    There are many ways to do this but I am going to break it down into some manageable chunks:
    1. Caloric Surplus
    One of the keys to gaining muscle and weight is to consume more calories. The reason we want to give our bodies more calories is because if we are going to demand more out of them than what they are accustomed to, then we need to feed them with more fuel. Think of it as if you want to travel further in a car. If one tank of gas gets you so far but you want to go further, you need to have more gas right? It's the same for building muscle. Feed it more so you have more energy to push it into spurting new muscle. Now without going into excruciating details (which is not the point of this particular article), you cannot simply overfeed on junk food. Make sure you are eating lean proteins, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats.
    2. Progressive Overload
    Now that you are eating enough to give your body 'extra energy' you will need to stress the muscles so that they respond by getting bigger.
    Your muscles are currently the size they are based on the level of activity you have done in the past, your genetics and your strength. We cannot change your genetics, but we can however change your strength to a degree as well as elicit hypertrophy (muscle building) by weight training.
    To put it simply, you need to start progressively overloading your body with some form of resistance training. Honestly, do not get too concerned about finding that 'special' program that will be better than
    all the other programs out there. There are just too many training programs to try and choose 'the best' one.
    In my experience, they all work! Yes of course some may be better than others but in the end you will get results no matter which program you try as long as you follow the key rules to muscle building. Rely on the foundation and principles instead of the program. In doing so, you will get results no matter which program you are on.
    What Are The Foundation And Principles?
    Progressive Overload
    Adapt
    Proper Form
    Mindset
    Rest and Recovery
    The main thing is to continue stressing the muscles by either overloading with volume training, getting stronger by strength training and making sure to give your body enough time to rest and recover and therefore grow!
    This is not to say that you can just keep getting stronger to the point that you will be performing 1000lb bench presses, but by cycling your training through different stages, you will start to get closer to what your genetic potential for muscle mass really is. Eventually the gains will get harder to come by, but if you are just starting out, this will not be an issue.
    3. Accepting the Inevitable
    By applying the right factors for muscle building, you will start to gain lean mass and you will start to gain weight which is good because that is the goal we are after.
    However, you need to also accept that when you are gaining muscle that it is almost impossible not to gain a bit of fat while doing so. Now I know there are going to be a lot of people claiming that it can be done but in my experience these are people who are genetically gifted and they are the exception to the rule.
    Other people who tell you this may be people trying to sell you something.
    Finally, you can gain eliminate fat gain by gaining muscle at a slower rate.
    It is your choice, but for those of you who want to build some serious muscle as quickly and effectively as possible, then you will just have to accept a bit of fat gain.
    THE MOST IMPORTANT PARTS OF BUILDING MUSCLE
    Eight words: Eat quality food. Increase your protein. Train hard.

Those rules may seem obvious, but here's the catch: the order they're in matters. The fact that I stay lean eating sometimes more than 5,000 calories each day surprises people. But, the more muscle you have, the more you have to feed. The key is feeding your muscles consistently with high-quality fuel.
    So what do my macros look like, you ask? As an economics major, you'd better believe I can tell you the numbers. But I'd prefer to tell you the priorities, because the way they break down for everyone is going to be different. Here are the three guiding principles that determine what goes on my plate:
    Balance meals around lean protein
    Include nutrient-rich, low-glycemic carbs
    Enjoy generous portions of healthy fats
    By following these simple tips I have already shown you, I hope you build the muscle you desire to have in the nearest future. Keep coming to

V.I.P.

Re: things you need to do so as to gain muscle fast as possible

Super post Fuzo..thanks....always gd to have a reminder for us that been doin the thang..and for those comin aboard.......GREAT info here

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk