Thread: Jiu Jitsu...

Jiu Jitsu...

So, I'm currently considering taking some BJJ classes. There is a BJJ place here locally and start off with the Submission Wrestling (no-gi). I have other things I need right now instead of a $150.00 gi. haha

So anyone else taking it? If so, ever witnessed a one-arm, leg, or any handicapped person doing it? I had tried it when I was younger (after I lost my arm) for about 6 months, then my mother couldn't afford to pay it anymore. So now, I'd like to start it and maybe get my two boys in on it too. My oldest is an orange belt in karate and my youngest loves to fight and wrestle.. so I think it'd be fun for all of us.

Nbencze

Re: Jiu Jitsu...

Karate in my opinion is a waste of time. Ji jitsu is the real deal brother. Perfect for you as there are plenty of submissions with the legs. I say if you have to learn on martial art then ji jitsu is the way as it is the most realistic fighting style. I was a level 4 cobatives instructor in the army, and it is the back bone of the MACP as it is most MMA fighters. All are great to learn, but I would say ji jitsu is the most effective. Just look at the first few ufc fights. 180 Royce Gracie fucking 200-300 lb men

Nbencze

I started off wrestling at 8, and ji jitsu was a natural, and easy progression for me as I would believe it would be for your son.

Nbencze

Ohh and when I was young there was a young man that wrestled with no legs, and one dude who was blind. So I know you can do it. It's all about determination which I believe you have brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Nbencze View Post
    Just look at the first few ufc fights. 180 Royce Gracie fucking 200-300 lb men
    So let me get this straight! You like Jiu jitsu cuz you can be a 180 pound man and fuck a much larger man? Haha you would like it like that NB haha

Nbencze

It was designed for the smaller man to win.......at least Brazilian ji jitsu. Wonderful sport that I love, and wish I could still compete in it. I miss it every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nbencze View Post
    It was designed for the smaller man to win.......at least Brazilian ji jitsu. Wonderful sport that I love, and wish I could still compete in it. I miss it every day.
    Hey anytime! Just let me know, I'll wrap my legs around your neck no problem! Haha joking I tap I tap I tap

V.I.P.

Before my son was born i trained 3-5 days a week. Competed every few months. I miss it and will get back in when my son can join me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]