Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Muscle Research Whey Isolate Review

Re: Muscle Research Whey Isolate Review

Quote Originally Posted by midwestbeast View Post
    Okay, so I finally got the chocolate in on Monday and got a chance to try it out yesterday.

I was breaking a ~16 hour fast, so I ended up taking 3 scoops mixed in with water after my workout.

As far as texture, mixability, etc. -- it is all exactly on point with the vanilla, which is fantastic. No clumps, and really fine powder.

As for taste -- let's just say I was very pleasantly surprised. I didn't expect it to be bad by any means, but I wasn't expecting much. The vanilla was a very, very faint flavor. While this wasn't strong, it had more of a noticeable taste. And while I'd heard it described previously by others as milk chocolate, I thought there was no way (I was thinking a Hershey's milk chocolate bar). It's obviously not that, but you want to know what it tastes like??

Hot chocolate.

Kid you not, it tastes like Swiss Miss hot chocolate. It's not a strong flavor, but it's a very good one and distinct. I am seriously inclined to try and mix my next one up with hot water just to see. All that was missing were the marshmallows LOL.

So yeah, I'll still use the vanilla (and I think the dash of cinnamon or other spices can add to it), but this will be my go to. I love Syntrax Nectar and all the flavors, but with the price point being what it is for that 6 pound bundle -- my next purchase will be 2 chocolate, 1 vanilla. I'm happy to say I've found my go-to isolate.
    i just got my nectar double stuffed cookie in the mail due to your advice MWB and yet to try.As you know i need some convincing there is actually good tasting whey iso out there lol.Ill report back and i might try the m-r hot coco next. i want to go on a good cutter soon and thus need the iso.. im lay off the concentrate for awhile

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    I like isolates for pre or post. They are clean easy to drink shakes compared to blends being so thick.
    Not to steal thunder from the thread but there's tons of great unique flavors made in isolates that totally change the protein flavor game. I like to have 3-4 flavors on hand and change it up all the time.

Cinnamon in the shakes is a great idea OP I used to do that often. Get some Saigon cinnamon from jewco aka Costco....bomb!
    not sure if i know what you mean exactly. do you mean flavoring you add to iso drinks or certain flavors of iso ..no matter the brand name of it>?

Quote Originally Posted by cane View Post
    not sure if i know what you mean exactly. do you mean flavoring you add to iso drinks or certain flavors of iso ..no matter the brand name of it>?
    I was referring to syntrax brand in their nectar line in particular has many unique flavor in whey isolate.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    I was referring to syntrax brand in their nectar line in particular has many unique flavor in whey isolate.
    Totally.

The cappucino became my favorite, but lemonade and fuzzy navel are right up there with it. Apple, too.

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

I have been purchasing the 3 bag deal the last couple of orders...$79.99 for 6lbs of Whey Isolate, and considering I do 2-3 scoops of protein per shake, I like saving a few bucks!

This weeks sale we have it on sale for $19.99 a bag, so if you want to try it out for yourself grab it this week for $10 OFF regular price!!!

This is also OD APPROVED!!!
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

So, 2 new things:

- If you're a fan of PES Select protein, they have/had a limited run of White Chocolate Mint. 1 scoop of that plus 1 scoop milk chocolate MR Isolate (especially + CarbMaster vanilla milk) = amazing. SO good.

- Had a couple scoops at the end of my vanilla bag and then took the remnants of a tub of Syntrax Nectar cappuccino (happened to be less than half a scoop). Mixed them together and the coffee flavor was just right with the vanilla. It wasn't crazy strong, but wasn't subtle at all since the vanilla is such a background flavor. I'd highly recommend mixing just a touch of a Nectar flavor with the vanilla. I'll be doing the same with the last little bit of fuzzy navel and lemonade I have, too.

thanks for the tips midwest,everyone knows iso powders arent the best tasting but just flat out better then concentrate from a health perspective.All tips for taste improval is extremely helpful