Thread: Hello MC!

Hello MC!

Hello to all.
    I've been reading over here awhile looking for another board with less arrogance and general drama.
    Love the atmosphere here and comradery among the members.
    I trained from 16 to 26.
    Got in a job/marriage rut for 20 years. Started smoking. Got fat.
    November of 2013 I lost my Dad, my step-dad, and grandfather within 3 months.
    Valentines day 2014 my wife tells me she wants a divorce. Horrible 6 months.
    She left....I made a bee line for the gym. Found myself again in the iron. Lost 50 lbs. From 42 to 32 jeans.
    Therapy like no f#@$* Dr. can give that is for sure.
    47 now on TRT/Blast program and never felt better.
    Actually met the love of my life at that gym.
    Love to train together or alone, she never gets pissy, which is so cool and rare.
    Really enjoying the second part of my life.
    Learned about my body, and it AINT 26 ANYMORE!!!!
    Just recovered from bunion surgery and I am salivating to get back at it.
    Can't wait to throw this boot away and get after it.

OK that's me. First time to write that up since it all started.
    Looking for ward to being a positive asset to this place and learning from anyone willing to teach.
    Happy Holidays and Merry CHRISTmas to you all,
    Maximus

Re: Hello MC!

Wow, great background story there brother. Sorry for your losses and life givin' you the middle finger! lol! I've struggled with depression/manic depression since I was a teenager (turning 47 next month), and I have always found the best therapy to get me back on track and help deal with life bitch slappin' me around is working out/training and getting involved in sports. Working out in the gym is the only thing that YOU can control and it can help you become a better person (physically and mentally)... build muscle, lose fat, and have a better regard towards yourself. There's no better feeling (except for sex) than to look at yourself in the mirror and see the hard work that has paid off. It's awesome that you have support as well. I met my spouse at church and we've trained together in the past. It's a different experience, but a great one.
    We're all family here on the MC. You can learn a lot from the great members and mods here, so.... stick around and we look forward to your input, and appreciate you sharing. Take care and see ya around...
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

Nbencze

Stay around and get to know us. On behalf of venom and myself welcome brother.

Welcome. Glad to have you join us.

Welcome to MC
    DISCLAIMER: "Encino_Mang" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Nothing posted by Encino_Mang should be considered a statement of fact. Encino_Mang talks big looking for acceptance because everyone pointed, laughed and called him ugly names. He is also generally untrustworthy and unpopular with the women's. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Hoss View Post
    Wow, great background story there brother. Sorry for your losses and life givin' you the middle finger! lol! I've struggled with depression/manic depression since I was a teenager (turning 47 next month), and I have always found the best therapy to get me back on track and help deal with life bitch slappin' me around is working out/training and getting involved in sports. Working out in the gym is the only thing that YOU can control and it can help you become a better person (physically and mentally)... build muscle, lose fat, and have a better regard towards yourself. There's no better feeling (except for sex) than to look at yourself in the mirror and see the hard work that has paid off. It's awesome that you have support as well. I met my spouse at church and we've trained together in the past. It's a different experience, but a great one.
    We're all family here on the MC. You can learn a lot from the great members and mods here, so.... stick around and we look forward to your input, and appreciate you sharing. Take care and see ya around...

Man.....Thanks Hoss,
    It is amazing the way we meet up with guys that have traveled VERY similar paths in life. That control your talking about precisely what I needed and I'm sure it was key for you.
    Felt out of control in an Apollo 13 kinda way there for awhile. Got my self esteem going again from the mirror like you say. That was critical after the beat down. Controlling stress
    and all that cortisol for me was hard. I own a medium size company and employee issues alone can put you in an early grave. Screw that. Not losing any more sleep unless it is Tren related.
    Doc says I got the green light Wednesday so it is ON! I'll get going and post a log of what I am going to run.
    Much thanks For the welcomes guys.

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Welcome to the MC brother, glad things are looking up for you, looking forward to seeing your progress.
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

Welcome to MC. You couldn't have found a better place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by maximus56k View Post
    Man.....Thanks Hoss,
    It is amazing the way we meet up with guys that have traveled VERY similar paths in life. That control your talking about precisely what I needed and I'm sure it was key for you.
    Felt out of control in an Apollo 13 kinda way there for awhile. Got my self esteem going again from the mirror like you say. That was critical after the beat down. Controlling stress
    and all that cortisol for me was hard. I own a medium size company and employee issues alone can put you in an early grave. Screw that. Not losing any more sleep unless it is Tren related.
    Doc says I got the green light Wednesday so it is ON! I'll get going and post a log of what I am going to run.
    Much thanks For the welcomes guys.
    Yes sir... know exactly what you mean regarding employees! That's what I'm faced with right now.... STRESS and the dumbasses who bring it on... "It's hard to soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by turkeys!"
    Looking forward to your posts and following your log. Take care brother.
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L