Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SPP's Sleep Study Thread - Please join in with yours.

Re: SPP's Sleep Study Thread - Please join in with yours.

When I did my sleep study I was told my oxygen saturation levels were around 80% and I either stopped fully or partially over 280 times a night. I was told with the low oxygen levels I was killing my brain and shortening my life span drastically.

Once I started using the machine it get better the first night. Some days I still get tired but I can go all day most times without falling asleep now. Attitude mood well being is better. I refuse to sleep without my machine or my mouth piece now. I wouldn't care what the price is or what anyone says, I would do sleep study get machine and stop killing my brain and shortening my life.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

Quote Originally Posted by baby1 View Post
    This is becoming more common and seems to more in men. It can be serious and is hard on the heart. Fuzo has tried to do sleep studies 2 times. He has only gotten about an hours sleep there, and that is not enough data. He continues to suffer with this. there are more options besides the CPAP and they are definitely smaller than when my father first got one years ago.
    when i went ... they let me sleep an hour maybe an hour and a half ..looked at the data and woke me up ...saying we are going to hook you up ... I am surprise they had trouble with Fuzo ... granted I was having a lot of issue by that point and could "sleep" any time ...because I wasn't really sleeping ..

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    when i went ... they let me sleep an hour maybe an hour and a half ..looked at the data and woke me up ...saying we are going to hook you up ... I am surprise they had trouble with Fuzo ... granted I was having a lot of issue by that point and could "sleep" any time ...because I wasn't really sleeping ..
    He should actually should go in about 3 am and start the study then. They would get a good chunk of sleep then. I told him they would probably do that.
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

This is becoming more common and seems to more in men. It can be serious and is hard on the heart. Fuzo has tried to do sleep studies 2 times. He has only gotten about an hours sleep there, and that is not enough data. He continues to suffer with this. there are more options besides the CPAP and they are definitely smaller than when my father first got one years ago.
    I'm in as group on FB and they all recommend taking a sleeping aid of some sort to help get to sleep while there. I think I will as I hate not being in my bad and find it hard to go to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    When I did my sleep study I was told my oxygen saturation levels were around 80% and I either stopped fully or partially over 280 times a night. I was told with the low oxygen levels I was killing my brain and shortening my life span drastically.

Once I started using the machine it get better the first night. Some days I still get tired but I can go all day most times without falling asleep now. Attitude mood well being is better. I refuse to sleep without my machine or my mouth piece now. I wouldn't care what the price is or what anyone says, I would do sleep study get machine and stop killing my brain and shortening my life.
    Awesome. I hope for the something. Sad thing is, I cam to TRT to help me with this as I've read some of the same symptoms are low test related. Now that I'm running test and I'm still experiencing some of these, I hope this is it.

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    I hope I have that issue. I'm trying to beat the January 1st deadline of my deductible starting over. She stated they might split the night if I have enough events. I'm about to post my current situation in a minute.

There are so many contributing factors that can cause this. One big factor is weight in the belly. I have know people to slim down and this problem subsided.
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

My current plans, all screwed up. haha

So now, my talk to the dr (at the sleep study place) is rescheduled for tomorrow morning and my sleep study is moved to Sunday night (I have something I can't get away from Thursday night.) They put me on a list that if someone cancels, I can possibly get the study sooner.

The thing that sucks that she just told me, I have to do the initial sleep study, then a second one possibly, which might push me into next year BEFORE I get prescribed the cpap.

I did just call and she said if I have a lot of events the first night, they could split me. With that, I should be alright. Just incase, she put me down for the second on the 23rd. That will give Monday and Tuesday for the dr to possibly read my results.

I was pushing the fact that if it rolls over into next year, I will not be able to get the cpap since my deductible will start again. She's going to try her hardest to get me in and running before the end of the year. I hope she does, I expressed that I'm already border line getting a divorce because of this. She understood and said she'll do whatever she can to get it pushed through asap.

Oh, I called back and asked if I could possibly come in a little late. Want me there at 7:30 but what I have to do isn't over until 7:30 and it'd take me a good 30-45 minutes to get back to the house and then to the sleep study. They are going to see if they can get it approved to be there before 8:30. 8 is fine, but any later has to be approved.

So rescheduled for this Thursday in hopes of being able to get approved.

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

There are so many contributing factors that can cause this. One big factor is weight in the belly. I have know people to slim down and this problem subsided.
    Weight and exercise are HUGE factors . If you are overweight and no exercise - the mask is going to help for awhile ( few months at best ) and then back to the same . TRT will help a little- but you need to diet and exercise IMO . Get that weight and BF down so your body can function . I am 64 yrs old and can run circles around the guys in the gym in their 30s . I am sure this is not the case with all sleep problems- but I am betting it plays a major role in most .
    Not a quick fix - but huge benefits - happy Holidays -OD ( Pops )

Quote Originally Posted by ordawg1 View Post
    Weight and exercise are HUGE factors . If you are overweight and no exercise - the mask is going to help for awhile ( few months at best ) and then back to the same . TRT will help a little- but you need to diet and exercise IMO . Get that weight and BF down so your body can function . I am 64 yrs old and can run circles around the guys in the gym in their 30s . I am sure this is not the case with all sleep problems- but I am betting it plays a major role in most .
    Not a quick fix - but huge benefits - happy Holidays -OD ( Pops )
    There is a difference between fat and lack of exercise being paired with sleep apnea. More exercise and less weight will help in the long run, but sleep apnea, whether fat or skinny can still hinder performance and everything else. I understand 100% of what you are saying, but as people have posted in the FB group, sleep apnea happens to any one, in any shape, at any weight.

Someone else had posted that cpap helps you to get rested and your body to repair it's self. In return, you get more energy to do more, that's how you lose weight. It's an indirect way, but to me it make sense. Once I recover from rotator cuff surgery, or at least enough to move my arm, I'm going to get back into lifting again. Even if it's really light weight. Also, I'll be cleaning up my diet even more at the first of the year.

Thanks Pops!