Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is using the 5x5 program and do you like it better for mass than a 3 day split?

Re: Who is using the 5x5 program and do you like it better for mass than a 3 day spli

good post.. 5x5 is kind of my go to when in between routines or just when i need a change

Re: Who is using the 5x5 program and do you like it better for mass than a 3 day spli

Quote Originally Posted by Arabian View Post
    I have been switching back and forth and it seems that the 5x5 is much harder on joints and muscles due to the weight however I think I am getting more out of my 5x5 program . thoughts?
    Couldn't agree with this more, i did 5x5 for 4 weeks/1 month and all my lifts went up but my joints were very irritated. I was slightly cutting though so it was a little more drastic but this program would be KICK-A$$ while bulking without a doubt, my strength went up really quick too. One of my favorite training styles next to DC! I would probably do like a 1 week de-load every month to let everything heal up, at least i'm one of those people that needs it. Sometimes i just push too hard for too long x.x

If joint really get to bothering you on heavy lifting then run a small therapeutic dose of deca during the 5x5 program. I mean small, 125mg/week should do just about anybody just fine. And at that small dose sides are very little if any. I routinely run this dose for 6 months at a time and have no sides. Blood tests prove it.
    And another pluz for the deca at a small dose like that, it promotes collagen synthesis.

Did it before and it helped me build a great strength base. On 5/3/1 now. But plan on going back to the 5x5 soon.

Also Arab what is really nice for you on the 5x5 is its a 3 day a week program. Roughly 30-45 mins in the gym working out.

Arabian

Quote Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
    Also Arab what is really nice for you on the 5x5 is its a 3 day a week program. Roughly 30-45 mins in the gym working out.
    That is what I really like about it Zed, you are hitting everything hard and in and out in 45 min.

Fosho bro!

I have been running the 5x5 for a while now off and on alternating between the 531, and I also modified my 5x5 I run 5 sets of 5 at 80% of my 1rm. Example 5sets of 5 at 245 for chest. The weighted dips followed by 4 sets of 25 pushups. When I started the 5x5 I could barely run 185 that way and that was almost 12 months ago.

^^^Very nice bro^^^
    IMO the 5x5 should be the Go To program for prolly 80% of peeps that are serious about lifting and looking good naked!

I used it before in the past, my joints were sore, but i remedy that with a lil horse lineament from the feed store. I've gain moderate amount of mass, but what I really love about 5x5 I went from better than most to alpha male had me like my days of youth in the Corps.