Thread: Dead lines suck

V.I.P.

Dead lines suck

I have 2 weeks to get a stereo system installed in my nephews little SUV. Sounds easy right? I have to install 8 subs in this thing and I am not allowed to just walk it off. I have to keep it semi stock appearing. I may have bit off more than I can chew on this one. Nephew tells me lets do 2 12's my dumbass says no lets do 8. We have 2 weeks before his school car show. It may not be finished but it will function dammit.

Re: Dead lines suck

So, are you building custom boxes? Is that what you are worried will take so long? Cuz the actual install of the amp wires etc is easy building the boxes will be most difficult. You should maybe scratch off the 8 subs and go with 3or 4. 3 is easier bridge together if I remember correctly? It's been awhile.. Good luck

V.I.P.

Yea the box is gonna be a bitch I have to build part of it in the car. I already bought every thing so no turning back.

Quote Originally Posted by Layddually2 View Post
    Yea the box is gonna be a bitch I have to build part of it in the car. I already bought every thing so no turning back.
    Haha good luck hope it turns out great!

Ahhhhhh yes.... I remember those days! When I was in high school I had an '82 Jeep CJ-7 Renegade nicknamed "THE BEAST". Took the back seat out and installed 2-15" subs plus 2-10" subs on top of that. Had the usual mids and highs and ran Rockford Fosgate and Orion amps, pre-amps, crossovers, equalizers, etc. running to a Blaupunkt remote controlled receiver. F'n thing was awesome. Entered it in local contests and I can't remember what SPL it got up to but I know the thing was LOUD!!! Then I grew up and had to sell it for college tuition!
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

V.I.P.

Going to have all 8 subs firing up in the rear. Doing fiberglass front door panels with 4 6.5" in each door.

Big Hoss I loved 15's had them in almost all of my rides when I was younger. I had a Mazda b2000 with camper and back of cab cut out it had 4 lanzar 15's 2 1000 watt autotek amps. Cops loved me they where always pulling me over to say hi.

Hey brother, just checking to see if you ever met your deadline? Kicker boxes ever get finished?
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

Yeah you get that all done! Deadlines are like lines in the sand, eventually they get crossed
    Last edited by chesty; 04-04-2016 at 02:29 AM.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK