Thread: Carpel tunnel

V.I.P.

Carpel tunnel

Has anyone had to deal with this or dealing with this now..been to the Dr so I know that's what it is..just really trying to push off surgery..there are so many exercises that I just can't do anymore because of eather pain or weakness..just wondering if anyone has anything I haven't tried..

Re: Carpel tunnel

if you are getting from gh ,then some one else mat be able to help more
    however I got from the computer, and resting the palms correctly is crucial ...
    also stretching is a big part. the key is to be fidgety... try to change potions a lot ..
    if you can set a timer to move around... or watch the computer on the display and just say every 5-15 minutes you move ..
    it is re petition in bad angles, so if you change the angles often...there is less repetition at least at that point
    also big chunks of iice rubbed unto the wrist ( you have to get it deep ... so freeze a dixie cup and rub it in until you can not take it any longer

HTH

V.I.P.

I'm a carpenter so I like to think I'm moving all the time..I started wearing braces to bed cause they kept falling asleep and waking me up but once that started to happen with the braces on I just scraped em

Try b-6 it's said to help with carpal tunnel.

U on GH? That's known to cause carpal tunnel LIKE syndrome.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

yeah carpentry is another source of CT.. the swinging of the hammer
    are you on gh too.?.. that can trigger.

you can do ice, rest and anti inflammatories

sleeping in the braces can help

In my case , this eventually worked , and I only get flare ups that require rest

I do have it and I think many people develop it to some degree s they get older. I have had injections that have helped but my doc believes most of that entrapment in the carpal tunnel is come from a level in my neck. IG is right, many of times when GH seems to "cause" carpal tunnel in people, they happen to be deficient in B6, thus why this happens. B6 is great for many things but it is a supp that can be taken to much of, so go easy if you take it. I would say keep doing your exercises, brace, etc. I feel for you cause it can be painful. If you end up the surgery route, my husband has had surgery on both hands for it, and recovered well and still lifts heavy. Keep us posted
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

V.I.P.

No gh. Never even tried it..they did a emg on me and also found a pinched nerve in my neck..not sure if that's playing a part as well..I will give the b6 a try

Quote Originally Posted by JTH250 View Post
    No gh. Never even tried it..they did a emg on me and also found a pinched nerve in my neck..not sure if that's playing a part as well..I will give the b6 a try
    That is how mine was found. Pinched nerve in my neck causing what my doc called a "double crush syndrome". The nerve in the neck is causing nerve entrapments from my shoulder to the hand. My doc believes an epidural inject will help the nerve in the neck and that will then help all the way down. Ask your doc about it if the subject comes up about injections. If they only treat the carpal tunnel, and it is secondary to the neck issue, it wont last. have to treat the "cause" but that is just my opinion and I am one who always looks for the cause of things

I would say to work on loosening up the muscles in the neck/trap area, via massage, heat, foam roller.

Digging in my bag of articles for you. this is a good article.

http://www.musclecoalition.org/showt...034#post105034

V.I.P.

Good read..thanks for the info..
    I had no idea if had a pinched nerve in my neck. It makes sense though