Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lunchbox- just checking on you

Re: Lunchbox- just checking on you

How's the pain? Taking any of the 'good stuff'? lol
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

Quote Originally Posted by Big Hoss View Post
    How's the pain? Taking any of the 'good stuff'? lol
    It's been brutal and the doc said it would for the first week specially with the few evasive things he needed to do.

Actually yesterday was the first full 20 hours I didn't take a pain pill and I started having withdrawal systems.

Cold sweats, skin crawling, joints ached and started running a little fever. It passed after 6 hours.

I did take another last night to help me through the evening sleeping. It makes it the pain manageable.
    Check Out "The Lunchbox" Past, Present and Future Life Log!!

http://www.musclecoalition.org/showt...nto-the-Future

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchbox View Post
    It's been brutal and the doc said it would for the first week specially with the few evasive things he needed to do.

Actually yesterday was the first full 20 hours I didn't take a pain pill and I started having withdrawal systems.

Cold sweats, skin crawling, joints ached and started running a little fever. It passed after 6 hours.

I did take another last night to help me through the evening sleeping. It makes it the pain manageable.
    Ahh you are lucky actually, the last time I had with withdrawal symptoms they lasted almost a week. Hope u are careful about how you use your meds! Sounds like you are but a reminder never hurt right.

Nbencze

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchbox View Post

I'm going to do my surgery without pain meds as I'm an addict. I'm pretty scared but I know God will help me through it plus all my friends will be with me post surgery.

My surgeon doc said that after he had his rotator cuff surgery, applying gel ice packs that he got at the hospital or med supply store actually helped more with the pain than taking his pain meds. We'll see.........! lol
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

Quote Originally Posted by Big Hoss View Post
    My surgeon doc said that after he had his rotator cuff surgery, applying gel ice packs that he got at the hospital or med supply store actually helped more with the pain than taking his pain meds. We'll see.........! lol
    I agree with this. I had rotator cuff surgery (sub scapular) and the ice pack did wonders! I only used my pain meds for 3.5 days after surgery. I still like to use it after chest day or bicep day. My surgery point still stings a little after working out so I apply ice to it.

Also, do NOT apply heat to it. I know my dr wrote it a few times on my release papers and the nurse wrote it twice in all CAPS. haha Said it'd bring blood to the area and rip it back open. haha

Quote Originally Posted by squatpresspull View Post
    I agree with this. I had rotator cuff surgery (sub scapular) and the ice pack did wonders! I only used my pain meds for 3.5 days after surgery. I still like to use it after chest day or bicep day. My surgery point still stings a little after working out so I apply ice to it.
    He said the ice freezes the nerve endings and keeps the inflammation and swelling down. I guess it makes perfect sense!

Quick update.

I've been on and off the forums and available has been rough. I apologize.

Ended up getting a sub dermal infection last week. Have been on two types of antibiotics and will find out Wednesday if we will plan another surgery to go in and flush out the surgical area with a saline and antibiotic wash.

It's been a fun adventure!!

And now for your viewing pleasure!!! Infection draining!!!

Check Out "The Lunchbox" Past, Present and Future Life Log!!

http://www.musclecoalition.org/showt...nto-the-Future

I hope the infection gets better LB! Stay tuff!