Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: Lunchbox- just checking on you

  1. #31
    V.I.P. Big Hoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    In the land of milk & honey!
    Posts
    2,315
    Rep Power
    78

    Re: Lunchbox- just checking on you

    How's the pain? Taking any of the 'good stuff'? lol
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

  2. #32
    Official Rep Lunchbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,638
    Rep Power
    95

    Re: Lunchbox- just checking on you

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Hoss View Post
    How's the pain? Taking any of the 'good stuff'? lol
    It's been brutal and the doc said it would for the first week specially with the few evasive things he needed to do.

    Actually yesterday was the first full 20 hours I didn't take a pain pill and I started having withdrawal systems.

    Cold sweats, skin crawling, joints ached and started running a little fever. It passed after 6 hours.

    I did take another last night to help me through the evening sleeping. It makes it the pain manageable.
    Check Out "The Lunchbox" Past, Present and Future Life Log!!

    http://www.musclecoalition.org/showt...nto-the-Future

  3. #33
    V.I.P. Ebo10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,719
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: Lunchbox- just checking on you

    Quote Originally Posted by Lunchbox View Post
    It's been brutal and the doc said it would for the first week specially with the few evasive things he needed to do.

    Actually yesterday was the first full 20 hours I didn't take a pain pill and I started having withdrawal systems.

    Cold sweats, skin crawling, joints ached and started running a little fever. It passed after 6 hours.

    I did take another last night to help me through the evening sleeping. It makes it the pain manageable.
    Ahh you are lucky actually, the last time I had with withdrawal symptoms they lasted almost a week. Hope u are careful about how you use your meds! Sounds like you are but a reminder never hurt right.

  4. #34
    Nbencze
    Guest

    Re: Lunchbox- just checking on you

    Quote Originally Posted by Lunchbox View Post
    It's been brutal and the doc said it would for the first week specially with the few evasive things he needed to do.

    Actually yesterday was the first full 20 hours I didn't take a pain pill and I started having withdrawal systems.

    Cold sweats, skin crawling, joints ached and started running a little fever. It passed after 6 hours.

    I did take another last night to help me through the evening sleeping. It makes it the pain manageable.
    I'm going to do my surgery without pain meds as I'm an addict. I'm pretty scared but I know God will help me through it plus all my friends will be with me post surgery.

  5. #35
    V.I.P. Big Hoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    In the land of milk & honey!
    Posts
    2,315
    Rep Power
    78

    Re: Lunchbox- just checking on you

    My surgeon doc said that after he had his rotator cuff surgery, applying gel ice packs that he got at the hospital or med supply store actually helped more with the pain than taking his pain meds. We'll see.........! lol
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

  6. #36
    V.I.P. squatpresspull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Jackson MS
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,318
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Lunchbox- just checking on you

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Hoss View Post
    My surgeon doc said that after he had his rotator cuff surgery, applying gel ice packs that he got at the hospital or med supply store actually helped more with the pain than taking his pain meds. We'll see.........! lol
    I agree with this. I had rotator cuff surgery (sub scapular) and the ice pack did wonders! I only used my pain meds for 3.5 days after surgery. I still like to use it after chest day or bicep day. My surgery point still stings a little after working out so I apply ice to it.

  7. #37
    V.I.P. squatpresspull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Jackson MS
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,318
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Lunchbox- just checking on you

    Also, do NOT apply heat to it. I know my dr wrote it a few times on my release papers and the nurse wrote it twice in all CAPS. haha Said it'd bring blood to the area and rip it back open. haha

  8. #38
    V.I.P. Big Hoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    In the land of milk & honey!
    Posts
    2,315
    Rep Power
    78

    Re: Lunchbox- just checking on you

    Quote Originally Posted by squatpresspull View Post
    I agree with this. I had rotator cuff surgery (sub scapular) and the ice pack did wonders! I only used my pain meds for 3.5 days after surgery. I still like to use it after chest day or bicep day. My surgery point still stings a little after working out so I apply ice to it.
    He said the ice freezes the nerve endings and keeps the inflammation and swelling down. I guess it makes perfect sense!
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

  9. #39
    Official Rep Lunchbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,638
    Rep Power
    95

    Re: Lunchbox- just checking on you

    Quick update.

    I've been on and off the forums and available has been rough. I apologize.

    Ended up getting a sub dermal infection last week. Have been on two types of antibiotics and will find out Wednesday if we will plan another surgery to go in and flush out the surgical area with a saline and antibiotic wash.

    It's been a fun adventure!!

    And now for your viewing pleasure!!! Infection draining!!!

    Check Out "The Lunchbox" Past, Present and Future Life Log!!

    http://www.musclecoalition.org/showt...nto-the-Future

  10. #40
    V.I.P. Slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,428
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: Lunchbox- just checking on you

    I hope the infection gets better LB! Stay tuff!

Similar Threads

  1. checking in
    By DEE151 in forum Welcome! Introduce Yourself.
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 04:00 PM
  2. Lunchbox checking in...
    By Lunchbox in forum Welcome! Introduce Yourself.
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 03:57 PM
  3. Hazcat is checking in
    By Hazcat in forum Welcome! Introduce Yourself.
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-02-2012, 01:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Muscle - Bodybuilding - Steroid Top Sites