Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are CrossFit Workouts a Good Training Choice when you have to baby a Back Injury?

Are CrossFit Workouts a Good Training Choice when you have to baby a Back Injury?

So yea disk herniation and stenosis, asked the doc about squats and he looked at me like I had three ears :/

So I guess I have to rethink training a bit...

Any of you hard core rough ass bodybuilders used crossfit or would you rather eat a cock first?
    DISCLAIMER: "Encino_Mang" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Nothing posted by Encino_Mang should be considered a statement of fact. Encino_Mang talks big looking for acceptance because everyone pointed, laughed and called him ugly names. He is also generally untrustworthy and unpopular with the women's. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Re: Are CrossFit Workouts a Good Training Choice when you have to baby a Back Injury?

i thought some of the stuff we put our bodies through as bodybuilders was rough...holy shit, you ever watch the cross-fit games?! I could only imagine how many of them blow out their rotator cuffs!

Re: Are CrossFit Workouts a Good Training Choice when you have to baby a Back Injury?

It looks like a very intense awesome workout. I guess it depends what your goals are. All the ruckus people say about crossfitters and they may not lift as heavy but they will out do many with endurance
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Was working a bodybuilding and expo show this past weekend and in the expo they have the Crossfit competition, like Baby said all the negative comments about that sport but let me tell you watching them it is intense, is it for me...no. It is a full body workout using Olympic style lifts, so with that being said you better make sure you work on the mechanics, technique, and form so you can lessen the chance of injury...but they say that is the sport that causes the most injuries when it comes to lifting.
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

I did Crossfit for a while. I got hurt worse and more often doing that than I ever did lifting.

maybe I should read the whole thread title,lol. If it were I , I would not start crossfit with a back injury. If anything I would modify your current training routine

I should have been more specific (and I'm guessing the cross fit training philosophy) I was talking more about lighter weight higher rep type of non stop style of training and no olympic lifts just more endurance lifting type training.
    DISCLAIMER: "Encino_Mang" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Nothing posted by Encino_Mang should be considered a statement of fact. Encino_Mang talks big looking for acceptance because everyone pointed, laughed and called him ugly names. He is also generally untrustworthy and unpopular with the women's. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Nbencze

I personally would eat cock first

Quote Originally Posted by Nbencze View Post
    I personally would eat cock first
    probably because you couldnt do crossfit

Quote Originally Posted by Encino_Mang View Post
    I should have been more specific (and I'm guessing the cross fit training philosophy) I was talking more about lighter weight higher rep type of non stop style of training and no olympic lifts just more endurance lifting type training.
    Controlled drop sets all the way bro.....I'll do 3-4 sets in a row with no rest and drop weight during each set....you get the benefits of the controlled lift, but also cardio at the same time....by the time I'm done with set 4, I usually feel like I ran a mile full out. Rest for 2 minutes then start all over again!