Thread: Contest Prep

Contest Prep

I know the board is young but I'm sure there are a few people entertaining the idea of competing. I've competed for 30 years and now I just enjoy passing on what I have learned over the years. I've been an NPC Bodybuilding judge for 24 years and now my ONLY job is a competition prep coach. So if any of our members need any guidance feel free to give me a shout and I'll see if I can help.Feel free to pick my brain a little.

Re: Contest Prep

Quote Originally Posted by Fit Guru View Post
    I know the board is young but I'm sure there are a few people entertaining the idea of competing. I've competed for 30 years and now I just enjoy passing on what I have learned over the years. I've been an NPC Bodybuilding judge for 24 years and now my ONLY job is a competition prep coach. So if any of our members need any guidance feel free to give me a shout and I'll see if I can help.Feel free to pick my brain a little.
    Good to have you on board. I'm an exercise physiologist but not a prep coach. My specialty is more in the health/wellness/fitness area. I'll be sure to send those looking for contest prep your way.

Sounds good Ex and Vice versa

Glad your here Bro!

Very cool to have such experienced individuals here!

Thi is why i loved EB, the experience that has come over to this site from EB is gonna make MC just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Fit Guru View Post
    I'm game.....I've always done powerlifting....competed in the 80's 90's a little......anyway never worried about being ripped just strong I competed in the 181 lb class.....now I wanna be cut and retain as much muscle as possible.

#1. Question does how you train matter on size? Example I always cycles 8, 5, 3, 1 reps up to the contest.....warm up and the have like 3 work sets.....then I rep out with a set of 10 - 15 reps last to end it....I almost always and still do use compound movements a few iso after work sets and I never rushed the work sets.....5 min or more rest time......will that work along with diet to get ripped?

#2. Question diet I was told cal intake should be around 26 times lean BTW to ripped 50% p 30% f and 20% c

#3. Question cardio how important is it? Can you just reduce cals

Thanks

Bump man anyone else have 2cents?

Quote Originally Posted by Elbutcho View Post
    I'm game.....I've always done powerlifting....competed in the 80's 90's a little......anyway never worried about being ripped just strong I competed in the 181 lb class.....now I wanna be cut and retain as much muscle as possible.

#1. Question does how you train matter on size? Example I always cycles 8, 5, 3, 1 reps up to the contest.....warm up and the have like 3 work sets.....then I rep out with a set of 10 - 15 reps last to end it....I almost always and still do use compound movements a few iso after work sets and I never rushed the work sets.....5 min or more rest time......will that work along with diet to get ripped?

#2. Question diet I was told cal intake should be around 26 times lean BTW to ripped 50% p 30% f and 20% c

#3. Question cardio how important is it? Can you just reduce cals

Thanks

Hey bro. Answered your PM

Sorry for being late with reply. I've been on vacation