Thread: Stomach bug or something else?

Stomach bug or something else?

So, know anyone that's dropped from 382 to 364 in two days? Apparently I either caught a weird ass stomach bug or something had me retaining food. Friday around 2PM, I felt full as hell (barely ate that day) and felt like shit. I decided to go home and relax for a bit. I started feeling better, so I went up to the gym and did some walking on the treadmill. About an hour or so in, walking slowly, I started to not feel good anymore. I went home and showered and played down.

Didn't get sleep at all and I started crapping like crazy. Not diarrhea, just a little smaller than normal size (for myself). I'd get done and about 20-30 minutes later, I did it again. For the rest of the night, until I went to sleep, that's all I did. Literally two rolls of TP. haha The next morning, I felt better, but still didn't feel good in the stomach area. I felt hungry so I ate a small peanut butter sandwich. We loaded up and headed off to deer camp Saturday morning. I ate breakfast up there.. the usual 2 eggs, sausage, and biscuit. (No one else had issues.)

About three hours later, I started throwing up mouthfuls. About every 10-15 minutes, I'd do this. After an hour or so, I felt drained. Only thing I could do was sit back in a recliner and try to nap. I had zero energy and couldn't get up (so it felt like). The throwing up and drained feeling would pass after an hour or so and I started feeling better. Anywhere between thirty minutes to an hour, I'd start throwing up again and feeling drained again. Back to the recliner to relax, recover, or whatever.

I did this pretty much all day. Rinse and repeat. About 8 that night, since I felt like I needed to burp/throw up, I decided to drink some diet coke. (From my comp eating contests, diet coke seems to be the bets to help burp up air pockets in my stomach.) Drank about 12oz and waited. A few minutes later I started burping and a few mouthfuls of throw up. Started feeling better again. I felt better in the stomach area too. Didn't feel quite as full as had. Ohh and also, we had chicken wings (fresh grilled and hot) for lunch and a fish fry (catfish, white perch, and brim) with all the fried french fries, hush puppies, fried pickles and jalapeños, and beer/whisky I could drink and I didn't touch any of it. (I didn't eat anything until Sunday around lunch time.)

Went to bed around 9 and was feeling okay. Slept pretty much all night without issue (minus the occasional burp). Woke up the next morning and felt great. Didn't have any appetite, but felt a lot better than I did. Shortly after, I had to use the rest room. This time it was full on diarrhea. It felt like 10 minutes of nothing but... I felt so much better after that. Also, I went four times after that one and it was not as runny as the first one, but a large quantity each time.

At 10 AM, I went to the gym and weighed, I was 364 (I believe Wednesday night at the gym, I was 382.) and was amazed how much water, food, and/or shit I was retaining.

I did finally eat some ramen noodle with the packet. I figured I needed to eat something and we didn't have any rice available. It went down fine and satisfied my hunger. Then at 5, I ate some taco soup (good shit there) and kept is a small portion to make sure it would settle. The about an hour later, I ate some more. Well under my calorie limit per day, so I know I'll drop some more weight.

Not the way I wanted to drop weight, but I am going to use this as a catalyst to help drop more and continue to eat light. I'm not scared to lose muscle since I'm TRTing, but I'm going to keep my calories low and my proteins high. I'll "adjust" carbs as I can (mostly white rice for now) and whatever fats in my proteins (80/20 burger, roast, etc) and just eat less. I think my BMR is around 2800-3000, so that should be easy to do.

Anyways, I'm feeling better today, just not wanting to eat anything just yet. So I may fast in the morning until lunch. So maybe get two to three meals in a day.

So, any ideas or just mark it off as a bug? 18 pounds in about 2 days. I know a water cut could do that, but trust me, I didn't want that. (BTW, I was sipping on water all day too. I fill a gallon jug every day and try to drink all of it. I had about a 1/4 gallon left.

Nbencze

Re: Stomach bug or something else?

Hope your feeling better bro. I had wierd cramping for about a week a month ago. Almost felt like unbearable hunger pains. So bad it made me nauseous. Then it went away.

This seems to be going around and I have also heard more about some kind of parasite that is causing such symptoms. that is a lot of wieght in a a short time and I would bet almost all water. Even getting rid of water weight like that feels better. Hydrate, but not just with water. I always found Pedialyte to be great to rehydrate even for us adults
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

My stomach has been a mess past 3 days. Crazy bloated and don't feel like eating much at all.
    Super stressed at home and figured it was that.....
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Nbencze View Post
    Hope your feeling better bro. I had wierd cramping for about a week a month ago. Almost felt like unbearable hunger pains. So bad it made me nauseous. Then it went away.
    Thanks brother. Kinda felt like hunger pains, but I didn't want to eat as it made not worse.

Quote Originally Posted by baby1 View Post
    This seems to be going around and I have also heard more about some kind of parasite that is causing such symptoms. that is a lot of wieght in a a short time and I would bet almost all water. Even getting rid of water weight like that feels better. Hydrate, but not just with water. I always found Pedialyte to be great to rehydrate even for us adults
    Maybe so. I definitely didn't like it. Water weight or not, it sucked. I do need to get some pedialyte for sure. I drink it on my powerlifting meet days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    My stomach has been a mess past 3 days. Crazy bloated and don't feel like eating much at all.
    Super stressed at home and figured it was that.....
    I'm not so stressed at home, but I do feel bloated and not really wanting to eat, even though I felt hungry. My wife used a serving spoon yesterday and hit my upper stomach and said "Hear that?", then hit the bottom part "Hear that? Sounds different, it means you are bloated.". That's what it feels like.

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Yep had it, it was called Gastrointestinal Virus or something like that...some would start out with vomiting and diarrhea, some just with cramping and aches like me. Got real dehydrated and cramps were worse when I was. Make sure to drink plenty of clear fluids, teas, and stay away from spices. Hope you feel better.
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

Get to feeling better bro and then come back full throttle! I had a touch of some 24 hour stomach bug back around Thanksgiving weekend and I lost about 7-8 lbs. in one night! Sh*t happens..... literally! lol
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    Yep had it, it was called Gastrointestinal Virus or something like that...some would start out with vomiting and diarrhea, some just with cramping and aches like me. Got real dehydrated and cramps were worse when I was. Make sure to drink plenty of clear fluids, teas, and stay away from spices. Hope you feel better.
    Something I don't care for. It's like I was sick, but I wasn't sick. haha Been staying steady with water. Adding pedialyte like baby1 suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Hoss View Post
    Get to feeling better bro and then come back full throttle! I had a touch of some 24 hour stomach bug back around Thanksgiving weekend and I lost about 7-8 lbs. in one night! Sh*t happens..... literally! lol
    I'm actually feeling a lot better already. Had a great lunch with the wife and I just walked a mile faster than I have ever in years. Last week, I walked around our Capital Building (most state employees walk around it everyday) and I could barely get half the way around and was out of breath and struggling (Wed/Thurs I believe). Today, easily walked two laps around and could walk more. Weird shit.

Thanks brother!

Lots of pot and wax has helped 😂😂. Also been taking digestive enzymes with my meals or its rumble city down below! Was too late to find the pro-biotics I will add those too.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    Lots of pot and wax has helped ����. Also been taking digestive enzymes with my meals or its rumble city down below! Was too late to find the pro-biotics I will add those too.
    I need to try pro-biotics.

--

It happened again this weekend. Not sure what's causing it, but it wasn't as bad, but I only ate two meals this last two days. Didn't lose much weight, but I did drop a few. Felt like I did several full body workouts at 100% 1RM for several reps. Literally everything felt sore. My jaws, my ankles, and everything, felt sore as hell.