Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: been a long time...

Nbencze

Re: been a long time...

Quote Originally Posted by rocco-x View Post
    So good to see everyone here, MA, Nben, Dan and Hoss! Names I still remember from older boards like FG, TID and a myriad of others. Last 3years have been trying for me and my family and friends as well with my constant relapses. For some reason no matter what I tried I just couldn't stop using. It took homelessness to bring me to my knees. When the pain gets great enough it quickly becomes a motivating factor. Sadly many friends of mine died because they pushed the envelope too far.
    Unfortunately some of us have to die so others can live brother.......I myself am a recovering addict working on three years clean. You can do it with a God of your understanding and a program(Aa/Na ). Good luck brother and if you need anything don't be afraid to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Nbencze View Post
    Unfortunately some of us have to die so others can live brother.......I myself am a recovering addict working on three years clean. You can do it with a God of your understanding and a program(Aa/Na ). Good luck brother and if you need anything don't be afraid to ask.
    It's always refreshing to see others working the program and experiencing a better life. I'll have 6 years next month and it's crazy to look back and see where I came from. Keep it up NB!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nbencze

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    It's always refreshing to see others working the program and experiencing a better life. I'll have 6 years next month and it's crazy to look back and see where I came from. Keep it up NB!

Thanks bro. It's been a tough road but a day at a time I get through it. Congratulations my friend.

Nbencze

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post

Thanks bro. It's been a tough road but a day at a time I get through it. Congratulations my friend.

My sister has just got her 25 year chip from AA...I asked if it was a nice chip...she said not really ..but it mine. I knew there was pride there ...
    she said there is as much pride in each of her chips... each was a mild stone earned . it can be done... just one day at a time.

so congrats on progress

Nbencze

So congrats roco x. All we have is today and if you haven't used today then you have just as much clean time as anyone else!! Pm me if ya want my number and you can call me any time of the day and I'll answer and help you the best I can!

Quote Originally Posted by rocco-x View Post
    So good to see everyone here, MA, Nben, Dan and Hoss! Names I still remember from older boards like FG, TID and a myriad of others. Last 3years have been trying for me and my family and friends as well with my constant relapses. For some reason no matter what I tried I just couldn't stop using. It took homelessness to bring me to my knees. When the pain gets great enough it quickly becomes a motivating factor. Sadly many friends of mine died because they pushed the envelope too far.
    Good to hear brother! May God give you strength to tackle any trial and tribulation you're currently experiencing. Take care & God speed...
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L