Thread: Finally got the heart thing figured out...

Finally got the heart thing figured out...

...I think. Went back Friday as my bloodbpressure was ablittle erratic, still had some chest pains and the usual fatigue, etc. Plus my heart resting and calm was over a hundred and never went below about 95 which is weird for me. Been that way since i started having the high bloodnpressure and strange feelings in my body last year.

So he changed out the imdur (time release nitro) for metaprolol, (beta blocker) and my heart rate resting is between 75 and 89 avraging low 80s. Chestbpain all but gone, and I don't have the anxious feeling in my chest like I drank a dozen red bulls. Blood pressure getting better. If it is normal in the am I'm gold. That is when it is usiall high, when I first wake up. Then goes normal after that.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

Re: Finally got the heart thing figured out...

Sorry you're still fighting this................I've been on metaprolol before, fuck all I wanted to do was sleep, I told my Doc I've got to come off that med.
    DISCLAIMER: "Encino_Mang" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Nothing posted by Encino_Mang should be considered a statement of fact. Encino_Mang talks big looking for acceptance because everyone pointed, laughed and called him ugly names. He is also generally untrustworthy and unpopular with the women's. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

So far it hasnt made me tired. If i sit still for too long i get a little tired which was same as before and once i move about I am good to go. I wiuld rather have my heart beat in the 70s than 100s when I am just sitting there. Anyway, the fatigue is the last piece of the puzzle and is most likely telated to low natural test, which is 0.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    ...I think. Went back Friday as my bloodbpressure was ablittle erratic, still had some chest pains and the usual fatigue, etc. Plus my heart resting and calm was over a hundred and never went below about 95 which is weird for me. Been that way since i started having the high bloodnpressure and strange feelings in my body last year.

So he changed out the imdur (time release nitro) for metaprolol, (beta blocker) and my heart rate resting is between 75 and 89 avraging low 80s. Chestbpain all but gone, and I don't have the anxious feeling in my chest like I drank a dozen red bulls. Blood pressure getting better. If it is normal in the am I'm gold. That is when it is usiall high, when I first wake up. Then goes normal after that.
    I am on metaprolol...however I am on a big dose .. 200mg .. take it right before bed... when I first had my heart issue I was 400...
    that will do wonders for the red bull feeling. when I was on the 400mg a day I could have defused bombs and my heart would not have gone up. it also takes a little too much of the edge off. I didn't care about anything. So again they could have given me the plans and told me to defuse the bomb and I could have done it ...

come to think of it they should give it to the guy defusing bombs...seriously..

Anyhow make sure you get the 24 hour release stuff, other wise you are riding highs and lows..
    my insurance covers it , but if yours don't make sure you use goodrx.com to get a price, metaprolol is one of those drugs that can vary widely!
    like $50 to $200.. and Costco IIRC has a a great price that is worth the executive membership alone

I have been on metaprolol for years and if I can ever stay healthy enough to loose a few pound might be able to get a lower dose this year
    good luck

I take 25 mg a day extended release. I take mine right after I get to work since Inride a motorcycle to work. Want to be in a chair if anything goes funky. This drops my hr by 20 to 30 bpm. If I took 200 let alone 400 I would be a zombie with 1 bpm. And yeah I would probably be able to do a hands off carrier land at night totally blacked out and my heart rate would not move. Maybe even a live hydrogen bomb.

What was your heart rate. No wonder I had adrenaline dumps from hell in one of my jobs that would leave me unable to sit still for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    I didn't care about anything
    This ^^^ I didn't care about anything.............including sex.........the doc found an alternative for me.
    DISCLAIMER: "Encino_Mang" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Nothing posted by Encino_Mang should be considered a statement of fact. Encino_Mang talks big looking for acceptance because everyone pointed, laughed and called him ugly names. He is also generally untrustworthy and unpopular with the women's. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    What was your heart rate. No wonder I had adrenaline dumps from hell in one of my jobs that would leave me unable to sit still for hours.
    I had a virus that attack my heart, this can happen to any one at any time... this cause the wall of the heart to be ridged and not pump quite right, so to make up for it the heart beats fast , in my case I was at about 120-130 bpm when they found it . so I started on 25 mg on Sunday
    and 25 more each day until it was under control.. I was worried about 200 , until I was able to get one pill with 200, then I realize they were not making a pill just or me , there were others other there.

as for sexual desire ..not an issue with me ...
    it was more the wired out like I had 10 red bulls effect .like you had

That is nteresting because my echocardiogram the doc said my heart was a little stiff on expansion. Probably the result of high blood pressure I developed last year, but I suspect my heart got stiff for some reason and that caused the high bp.

Today is 4 th day. No chest pains, no feeling of being amped up, walked stairs a little better, not so out of breath. Funny too cause before my legs would get really sore walking up stairs like like doing 20 reps of squats, that burning sensatin and today barely get a little sore and at my desk after heart beat was under 90. Normally it would be over a hundred. Worked out tonight too. Even had a manager piss me off and I barely felt any excitement. Usually I would have been shaking.

I like this stuff. I bet 50 mg would be he shit.