Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just transitioned from safety razor to straight razor

Just transitioned from safety razor to straight razor

Must say it is as good or better. Plus, never have to buy a blade again unless I want to have collection of different ones like with a bone handle or something. The one I got is a 5/8 in hollow blade with a stainless steel handle made in France.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

Re: Just transitioned from safety razor to straight razor

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    Must say it is as good or better. Plus, never have to buy a blade again unless I want to have collection of different ones like with a bone handle or something. The one I got is a 5/8 in hollow blade with a stainless steel handle made in France.
    U have a strop (sp?) to sharpen before each use? I always wanted a straight razor....but I had a shop in England give me the hot towel straight razor shave....but for sanitary reasons they can't use non disposable ones. Some company makes throw away straight razors and that's what he used. Holy irritated batman. It was like I was in a glass bottle bar fight lol.
    Lost interest after that lol.

I'm a shaving snob. I tried even the premium line of stuff from men's shave club and it was laughable shit at best. My neck is super sensitive and gets fucked if I don't shave in shower, with a high end razor(shick hydro or Gillette).

That said I do collect knives and some of the blades and sharpening stones my dad has for wood working are insane. He uses these water stones from Japan and the blade edge literally has a mirror finish when he is done. Slip with his stuff and if u don't bleed out before u got ER it's a lucky day lol.

So I would imagine a high end straight razor with a good sharpening routine would work well.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Ya have a strip with a diamond paste you out on it like once a year. I generally shave every couple of days due to sensitive skin. I went from the high end disposable razors to a safety razor and the brush and soap and I use a pre shave oil too. I take a shower get out and then shave. I don't go against the grain either. Since I started safety razor no more bumps infected hairs etc. and it is smooth for a day.

The he straight razor key is to have a good blade, keep it sharpened and use the proper angle. Face not irritated either. Once you do it for a couple weeks you get good at it. Just remember to soak your face first apply a pre shave oil then use a quality shave soap cream or paste and work it in on your face then shave. Once done put a good quality face conditioner on afterward. Something without alcohol.

I would start tart with a safety razor. If you have an the art of shaving store close by go to them and they can set you up and show you how.

The he one I went to yesterday had this 6' tall hot ass woman working there. She even had three kids and still looked like a virgin. She could shave any part of my body she wants any time.

But it seriously find an the art of shaving store and get set up with a safety razor gig.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    Ya have a strip with a diamond paste you out on it like once a year. I generally shave every couple of days due to sensitive skin. I went from the high end disposable razors to a safety razor and the brush and soap and I use a pre shave oil too. I take a shower get out and then shave. I don't go against the grain either. Since I started safety razor no more bumps infected hairs etc. and it is smooth for a day.

The he straight razor key is to have a good blade, keep it sharpened and use the proper angle. Face not irritated either. Once you do it for a couple weeks you get good at it. Just remember to soak your face first apply a pre shave oil then use a quality shave soap cream or paste and work it in on your face then shave. Once done put a good quality face conditioner on afterward. Something without alcohol.

I would start tart with a safety razor. If you have an the art of shaving store close by go to them and they can set you up and show you how.

The he one I went to yesterday had this 6' tall hot ass woman working there. She even had three kids and still looked like a virgin. She could shave any part of my body she wants any time.

But it seriously find an the art of shaving store and get set up with a safety razor gig.
    I've seen a few here in town. U have peaked my interest! Diamond paste sounds perfect.

I use king of shaves shave gel. Nothing comes close. Goes on clear so u can see the hair. Glides sooo smooth.
    I've also used their and other oil then the gel but usually just use the gel.

Always shaved in the shower. I can shave blind but use a mirror now I have a groomed beard it's way faster to edge the lines with the shower mirror.

I think of that old commercial where the guy grabs s salmon with his bare hands to catch it then shaves his face with a big ass Rambo knife by the creek he caught the salmon. Lol bad ass mofo

Quote Originally Posted by Ebo10 View Post
    I think of that old commercial where the guy grabs s salmon with his bare hands to catch it then shaves his face with a big ass Rambo knife by the creek he caught the salmon. Lol bad ass mofo
    Lmfao! Gotta see that!
    Funny I'm in the process of buying a Rambo knife! Taking my family camping soon. My 4 yr old said daddy will u bring a gun and a knife to keep us safe daddy 😍😍🔫 I said yes dear of course daddy will!

U can get a sweet K bar like Rambo for $65-$85 bucks. My pocket knives are cool and all but not bad ass like fucking Rambo status lol.

I have a real US Marine Kbar. That son of a bitch is sharper than a surgeons scalpel. I know, I was putting it in the sheath one night andnt went right thru the side and into the palm of my hand. That hurt. Still got the scar.

I have a razor and some tools my Grandpa used, as a barber, in Germany before he came to the US. Old stuff but good stuff.

I bought a straight razor and all the gear in London once, came home tried it for a week and gave it up. Just easier for me to use Gillette. Ordered the Harry's promo kit and it's pretty good. I've also thought about trying the safety razor thing. They have an Art of Shaving store here and there's a barber in the back that will teach you.

Always wanted a straight razor shave. When I finally have some downtime from my up and coming shoulder surgery, I'm determined to go to my local barber and get it done.
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L