Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 4 more of my brothers assassinated tonight 7 more wounded

Re: 4 more of my brothers assassinated tonight 7 more wounded

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    but even you Chesty have to admit some of these videos that are coming out show there are some just plain bad cops...

that guy in NC that pulled over a guy for a tail light , ran his name found out he was wanted for child support , he then ran on foot.. then rather than run after him shot him in the back and killed him...

or that Baltimore thing stinks . they arrest a guy and he is healthy . ends up dead by the time he is getting to the precinct .

or that dash cam showing a guy walking down the street with a gun, and a different cop car cuts in front of the dash cam , and just runs the guy over .. I remember see that , and just thinking , man that looks like a cartoon character flipping in the air like it was from a bugs bunny cartoon.

just saying there are bad apples , and they should be prosecuted ...

again I am saying this is less than 1%..

I think that the cameras on cops will be a good start , at first the cops will hate them , and then it will start working for them like dash cams
    yes I do agree there are bad apples and they need to be held accountable. The child support deal was a bad shoot by the cop. The other one I don't know about. I agree cameras are a good thing. They saved me on several occasions. Now with that, until the evidence is weighed and judged we, meaning all not involved need to hold off on judgement one way or the other and adhere to our principle and constitution that you are innocent until proven guilty. Not the other way around.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

found it

Damn!
    If the guy was shooting and it appears he did fire at least once there is nothing in the force continuum that dictates what weapon can be used. Apparently the evidence collected exonerated the officer. What that evidence is I don't know.

Imo, the guy was not posing a direct threat at the moment, of course that could change. So to me while the use of the car as weapon is okay. The fact the guy was not an immediate threat was not a justfication for deadly force that being just from what I saw in the video and what I heard the one officer saying about standing down.

Would I have done the same thing, I would have been out of my car following on foot with my gun drawn to where there wouldn't Need to run him over. In this case I don't On my way! What happened prior to this in dent and only have the words written down at end of video.

I agree that taken as presented looks bad and the officer should have been indicted. However, as n any situation instead of rushing to judgement I would wait for all evidence to be collected and presented to a grand jury if warranted and wait for that outcome.

This is where I grew up and will retire to. I can tell you in PHX we have had so many officers killed by criminals/gang members etc, these guys don't play around. Phx is a lot like the old west and not becaus we have guns. We have probably one of the highest illegal immigrant/lain problems with huge ties to ms13 and la familia. W have had lots f spoke fund in Phx homes decapitated by one of those gangs and their associates and worse.

Anyway, all that to say that I would not have run the guy over at that point in time. I would have played it the situation and then t one, such they appears to have in the hopes I sent have to kill someone.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

Certainly not justifying killing or hurting anyone but the police are the agent of government that enforces some very unfair laws, particularly when it comes to laws that impact many people with similar interests to ours. I'm not sure why anyone would want to go into that business and the excuse that they're just doing their job rings hollow to me. As a police officer you're job is to enforce the law whether you agree with it or not. I could never compromise my own beliefs like that and I'm a bit suspicious of anyone who can.The so-called "war on drugs" in this country has been an unmitigated disaster and done nothing but grow the size of government and enrich certain people. The police have been at the forefront of that. Many lives have been ruined by arrests for small amounts of marijuana, which the government is gradually now legalizing and of course, taxing. I find it hard to call the people who enforce these laws heroes. For the most part, I can take care of myself thanks to the 2nd Amendment and what's left of it. I have little need for government enforcers.

Quote Originally Posted by JRam View Post
    Certainly not justifying killing or hurting anyone but the police are the agent of government that enforces some very unfair laws, particularly when it comes to laws that impact many people with similar interests to ours. I'm not sure why anyone would want to go into that business and the excuse that they're just doing their job rings hollow to me. As a police officer you're job is to enforce the law whether you agree with it or not. I could never compromise my own beliefs like that and I'm a bit suspicious of anyone who can.The so-called "war on drugs" in this country has been an unmitigated disaster and done nothing but grow the size of government and enrich certain people. The police have been at the forefront of that. Many lives have been ruined by arrests for small amounts of marijuana, which the government is gradually now legalizing and of course, taxing. I find it hard to call the people who enforce these laws heroes. For the most part, I can take care of myself thanks to the 2nd Amendment and what's left of it. I have little need for government enforcers.
    I would start with the oath we take to become a police officer. It is very similar to the oath of enlistment bee swear to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States to protect everyone etc. I became a deputy because I believe in the constitution I believe in the people of the US and more. I never once compromised or had to compromise my beliefs to execute my oath of office. As for drugs I am not a fan of minimum mandatory sentences but I do know first hand the devastating effects they have on people and families. That includes marijuana that led people to suicide the crack white old people bought with their social security payments the 25 year old meth addict with no teeth looking like she was 50 afraid to tell us she was raped because she thought she would get in trouble the 1 year old I had to remove from a home because the adults there hadn't changed the diaper in at least two weeks and the place was so nasty food literally was moving under its own power the lady I chose not to arrest on a traffic stop when she told me she just got her kids back after getting out of jail. She had just got off work at Walmart and had bought her kids some things. I chose to tell her how to get her license back car ins and car registration reinstated. The next time I saw her three months later she still had her job kids bills paid license ins and registration. She stopped me at the fair and tearfully thanked me for believing her. That right there is why I became a deputy and why most become peace officers.

Yes eas many can take care of themselves but many more cant. We are non political we enforce laws and it is up to the courts and politicians to execute those laws.

What at I see is a very large bias against us because we enforce some law that someone doesn't agree with. And I am sorry that it is that way. But response is don't break the laws. Get them changed if you don't like them.

I really do do believe if you could see the human tragedies and suffering thru our eyes you would have a different outlook.

One be last story. I had to work a suicide where a man hung himself in his parents garage. His 5 year old son and grandparents found him. The little boy was slightly autistic. We had priest paramedics grandparents etc all there. This little boy chose to come to me and tug on my pants and ask me if his daddy would be okay. I almost lost it because I had no idea what to say to him. At that moment I hated his dad and the world for what had been done to this little boy. To this day I steal tear up thinking of that night. But I was als very proud and humbled that of all the people there he chose me in my uniform for help and reassurance.

Mathis country has a misguided belief in what a police officer is and what we do. I ask that please do not judge the 99.9% of us for what those few do that bring shame upon us at times.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    This is what I mean. Everyone seems to think they know exactly how when where why and what a cop should do. You see deadly force or other force and automatically assume it is murder or excessive force. As for Freddie each cop had his day in court are we saying the courts are now crooked?

As for protesting what do you think the cops were doing? They were protecting the rights of those to protest what they perceived to be the wrong death of a black person by cops when they were executed.

As as for the two latest deaths why do we assume the cops are guilty and wrong? Shouldn't we wait for the evidence to come in? If it supports criminal charges then charge them and try them in court. But in our country all are presumed innocent until proven guilty. But I guess not for cops.

I have walked as a as a civilian and as a cop. I know what it means to be both. I cannot explain what it means to be a cop to someone who is not nor has a desire to be one. Walk in my shoes before assuming to know what I should do or how I should act.

And should it not be all lives matter? Or is that racist as some have suggested?

And let's ask a question hypothetically, since many of us order supplements in complete violation of law are we willing to be arrested, tried possibly convicted and sentenced to jail? Listen to those cops who come to arrest us, or will we show contempt for them and resist their attempt to do their job? And when we get our ass beat down for resisting arrest will we say, I deserved that or that the cops should have not done their job and just let us go cause hey, we aren't the bad guys we just juicing.
    I don't need to walk in the shoes of LE to have a different understanding of murder.

In regards to Freddie gray, just because they were not found guilty, do you believe they did not murder him? He was fine upon being arrested, then he was deceased. I don't think the courts are crooked.....but let's look at common sense. He was healthy, he was taken into very aggressive custody, then he was DEAD. I do understand the precedent that creates for LE but there is really no denying how he died. If not, why did the city offer the quickest payout in history?
    I realize that if the courts begin to question the judgment of the cops what would happen, but you can't deny what made that MULTIMILLION SETTLEMENT so easy.

Everyone seems to think what a cop should do you say....yes, we used to believe that. Now you see such a sporadic reaction in a day when we all record everything. There is no more of the "trust the police" factor. We don't have the window to trust them any longer. Shoot me dead, it's probably justified, because that's all we see

Prove us wrong.

You missed everything I said. Do all lives matter ? Of course my comment was why do the cops care if one group has a 3 hour protest? To the cops it's just, we need to close these roads down, and some overtime homie. Do they give a shit why people are standing up? Fuck no. They just follow the guidelines.
    I think you are very biased by your comments, and I can understand that. But I see no need to voice my opinion on this any further.

I guess that is your choice to believe I am biased and do not understand. But if you reread why I have written I have agreed with most of what you have posted. I also don't agree with shutting down dialogue but that is your choice too and one I respect.

Thanks for for discussing this.

[QUOTE=chesty;108514]
    Quote Originally Posted by PudgieRaubach View Post

Yes they were investigated and punished. Our oath is to protect all not just a select few.
    What was their punishment ?

Lost their jobs